Monday, March 11, 2013

Changes! Mar 11, 2013


amily!!
First- the rules have changed! I get to email whoever I want! Friends, family, recent converts ect. AND we get an hour and a half instead of an hour! YAY! Everyone email me and update me!
Second- I'm getting transfered! I am going to Liahona 3 right by the temple.. like RIGHT next to it. We walk to the temple. AND guess who the other companionship in the house is??? Hermana Larson! yay! I guess if we can't be companions again, this is the next best thing. My companion will be Hermana Weber from Mexi-cali. She doesn't speak too much english, which i'm really excited about so I can learn a lot. She just finished getting trained so I will be her greenie braker.. that'll be fun. I'll still be on bike which is fine, but i'll be in the VC for most of the day anyway. The mission gave me a different bike because my tire exploded last week. I have a cute little basket now... which i'm a big fan of. Anyway.. Hermana Newton will be training! Along with the other half of the mission. There are soooo many coming. 1/3 of the mission is training or being triained they said. Awesome.
We had a lesson with some less actives at the vc and Hna Newton told them a story about when we needed to go to a lesson but my sinus's were hurting to the point where I was crying and I decided to go to the lesson anyway. During the lesson, the pain completely went away! And after it came back a little, but we talked about sacrifice and having faith when you sacrifice and guess what? They came to church! That was the first time in months.
Agustin passed the sacrament! He was so excited :) I didn't get to see it though because Ana called me right when sacrament started saying that she had came! So that was bittersweet.
The 6th was a year in AZ! Sister Ellsworth (pres ellsworth's wife) came to a lesson with us.. she's learning spanish so she wants to go out with the spanish missionaries to learn and she does such a good job! We had a lesson with Judy and she is SO close to being baptized. I see the change in her eyes and i'm so excited for her and Richard. I will have to come back for the baptism.
I have started FREE physical theropy for my back and my ankle which is going good.. we'll see how long I gotta do it but the guy is LDS so he doesn't make us pay anything. On of the asistance is a girl that is one of the ten virgins in the easter pageant! The next time I went in, her sister took care of me instead of her and I ALMOST asked her "OH, are you a virgen too?" Bad idea. We keep having to catch ourselves when we talk about the easter pageant and the 10 virgens! They are all such good dancers. .....:/ The pageant will start on the 20th and go to the 30th. We met with the cast the other day and practiced with them because before the pageant they all come out and talk to the people in the audience and invite them to go into the visitor center. There's going to be so many people. Go on Facebook and 'like' it. Apparently they have there own facebook page and there is a picutre of me on there with some other sisters.
We went to the temple this week and it was amazing! I love learning and entering the temple as an agent instead of an object, like Elder Bednar says. In the celestial room I was talking to a sister that is about to go home tomorrow- she has become a really good friend. But we were talking about our missions and she said something that she heard and I really liked it. She said being on a mission is like being on a airplane. you can see SO much of the big picutre that Heavenly Father sees. But it's up to you to remember what the picture is when you step off the plane. That's why I have like 5 journals that i have kept up with haha.
After the temple we went to a zone meeting and talked alot about planning. It was cool when they were talking about planning they related it to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. My mind started goin. They are perfect planners but it makes sense that they probably planned with a pencil like us because we have our agency and they write in lots of back-ups because we doen't always follow their plan (like our investigators) or we don't do the things we commit to. Maybe that doesn't make sense to people who haven't used the missionary agenda- but it turned on a light bulb with me. We truly are Gods investigators.  

No comments:

Post a Comment