Monday, March 4, 2013

Decisions- 3-4-13


Hello Family... 
Crazy week. So it started off last pday and we went and played mini golf with our zone and after we watched 17 miracles. That movie drains me emotionally. During the movie I got a call from President Ellsworth. He said, "i'm calling because you asked me about extending your mission" I said, "I did?" He said "oops" I asked him to tell me what he was going to say anyway and he said that I would be welcome to do it because with all the changes, he wouldn't need permission from SLC for me to do it. That..... threw me off. I knew something would happen like that because in my setting apart, the stake president said, "I will use this blessing as scripture and I wont go home until I hear, "well done my faithful servant" deep breath. I then found out that like 3 other people were extending. I was really upset about it for a few days, but after praying I made a decision and I have felt peace about it. I have felt like the Lord doesn't need me.. I always knew that but I feel like there are so many amazing, prepared missionaries that can take over just fine. There are 8 new vc sisters coming in June.. I don't know who's going to train them all- Sister Beckstrand interviewed me and said that there is no pressure but they would take advantage of my leadership. As of now i will be coming home June 4th unless I feel otherwise, but I really want to continue to feel peace about my decision and not have any regrets. I know Satan will try and confuse me, but I know I will be serving the Lord the rest of my life where ever I am so anyways... Thank you all so much for all your prayers and fasting it really helped me more than you know!
Okay so what else happened? We had zone conference and they showed us a slide show of the new mission president. They look really cute.. even though he wont be my mission pres. I can't believe transfers are next week! Pres said that everyones eyebrows are going to be raised and we're gonna say, "why the heck did he do that?"... we'll see. Ha.. I might have 2 areas my whole mission. I wouldn't mind changing. I have grown to really love the people in Liahona 1st. I honestly still don't know why I got sent back because any other missionary could have done what I have done here, but maybe i just needed to have these experiences for myself. 
We are getting ready for easter pageant! I hope they put me back in the vc next transfer. They had their own "restoration" there. After a long time, a lot of the rules got switched and changed (apostasy) and then last transfer they just went completely back to the way all the rules are written. That being said, all my pdays will be mondays and we will be in the vc for 6 hours everyday instead of 3. We got a new exhibit too.. i don't know anything about it though. 
We set a date for Judy and her son to get baptized this Saturday.. which I really wanted to happen if I end up leaving the area.. but I didn't feel right about it. she's dating her exhusband again and I don't see the change in her yet. I don't think she's been honest with us. We'll see what happens. 
On a brighter note.. Agustin got the priesthood! YAY! I wanted to cry. He will pass the sacrament next sunday. Not only that, but he had a friend move in with him named Miguel. And Agustin introduced him to us. Last night we went to the Fireside where recent converts bare there testimonies and we sing. Agustin and Miguel came and Miguel said to me after, "I wanted to get up there and bare my testimony too, can I?" I said, "Miguel, we gotta get you baptized first!" He... looks pretty promising. He just says weird stuff like in church he's like... "when are we going to wash each others feet? That's what Jesus did!" 
We had a lesson with Ana and we walked in and she had a big black and blue eye.. from the guy she's living with. Broke my heart. I almost beat him up and stole all the beer that was left over.. I was so mad. She's moving out today. Good. but I hope she's still in our area. 
Anyway.. that's the week. Love you all. Thank you again for fasting and praying. 
Love,
Hermana Cottrell
Moroni 7 
SFTE 

No comments:

Post a Comment