Monday, March 18, 2013

Crazy Busy week! 3-18-2013


Hey Family!
So it's been a CRAZY busy week. My new assignment in the VC is the "Administrative Assistant" (basically the secretary of the VC) man.... LOTS of work. I feel like my work load has tripled, but it helps me focus, so it's good! We are about ready for the Easter Pageant. The Rehearsal is tomorrow night and then it starts wednesday! Ah! We're so excited. I've been doing a lot of "demonstrating" for the new sisters which has been fun. We had a service project today where we woke up early and washed all the walls and baseboards in the VC to get ready.
 I ADORE my new companion. She's only been out for two transfers and she's AMAZING. She talks to everyone and she's so smart about using time wisely and works soooo hard! It's so good too because she is just barely learning English so I have to speak Spanish 24/7... I've already learned a lot in just a week. But I've been able to help her with her English too which is good. She's such a good missionary. 
So on Sunday one of the lady's in our ward said she wanted to do an FHE and said we could come. So I said great and that we would bring our investigators. We dorove up and there were people EVERYWHERE! And tables in front of the house. ... The ward threw me a going away party. I wanted to cry! The bishops wife said some really nice things and I gave a spiritual thought about missionary work. That... was something i'll never forget. The 5 transfers in Liahona 1st was all worth it. I love those people so much. The Nunez family did a little dinner for me and the other elder that was leaving too, which was really fun. Also Hermana Mora gave me a present with a scarf she knitted at the RS activity she said, "every time you wear this... remember me..please please please don't forget me." So sweet.
 We had Sister Javed with us from Pakistan (she goes home next transfer) so we were in a trio for a couple days.. but she is the most christlike person I know... we have become really good friends. 
Since our area is right by the temple.. we have soooooooooooooooooooo many referrals and work to do. We have 3 baptisms on the 30th and one in the second week in April. One of them is named Juan. He is so special. He said he had a dream the other night that someone knocked on his door and two people came and they had dark hoods on and they wanted him to come with them so he went and grabbed a picture of Jesus and the Book of Mormon!! and said NO! Even with the short time that i've been here, I have seen his faith grow so much. He's going to get married this week and then baptized the next :) The funny thing is, I talked to a missionary that tried teaching him like a year ago and she said he would have nothing to do with the church BUT it was just part of God preparing his heart to accept it later. That's why we talk to EVERYONE even though it's hard when they reject us sometimes. The other baptism is another family that is progressing really fast and another one is a YSA that has so many friends in the ward. Actually, Sister Sordes baptized his cousin right before I was companions with her and I am really good friends with him and he helped us a lot with missionary work. Not a coincidence :) I came in at a good time. We have a goal of contacting 20 referrals next week...and we have the Easter pageant.. we're gonna drop dead... but we're gonna DO IT! I'm excited. I live with Sister Larson and Aquino too and that has been a blast! Sister Larson and I get up every morning and run 3+ miles and we are going to start to run on pdays and get ready for a race for when we get home. She's really a good runner and use to do races so she's patient with me, but i'm getting the hang of it. 
Anyway, life is good :) I'm loving it and i'm soooooo happily exhausted... but i had a cool experience. During lunch I decided to take a quick nap instead of eating and then I couldn't because I was thinking about all the things that I needed to do so I knelt down and said, "heavenly Father if you give me energy i will work sooo hard because i know you want me too" Guess what? as I was walking up the stairs i started running and I had so much energy the rest of the day. Prayer works :)
The Chapter is ether 4 today
SFTE
Love, 
Hermana Cottrell

No comments:

Post a Comment