Monday, February 18, 2013

We're all on the same team, right? 2-18-13


Another good week :) It started off with an old lady giving us $20 at walmart for our groceries. Nice. It was a little different experience from the last time i went to that walmart. Some old guy saw that I was holding a Book of Mormon and yelled, "that's a Book of Mormon?? EVERY ONE OF THOSE BOOKS SHOULD BE BURNED! That's a cult!!!!" ahhh... good times. 
Sister Newton was sick for a couple days.. it was hard trying to figure out splits and still trying to work. We couldn't afford to not visit people for two days. I got to go out with sister Larson though, that was really fun. We even set a baptismal date together. Speaking of baptismal dates.... Remember Judy? So I get a call from the english elders in our area and they said, "hey are you teaching a lady named Judy?" I said "yeah, she's getting baptized in a couple weeks on the 23rd" they said, "uh... we have the same investigator with the same baptismal date" What? So apparently we've been teaching the same person with the same date because she speaks both english and spanish. I found her when I first got out on my mission but I just said that whatever is best for her and her family.. as long as she gets baptized. Well, we had a zone meeting this week and the Elder taps me on the shoulder and says,"ehem, so I talked to Judy and her son said that he wants to go to the English ward.. so sorry.. but hey.. we're on the same team, right?" I had a good attitude before he did that. So... the day before Valentines day when Sister Newton was sick, me and Sister Larson went and heart attacked her fence. She texted us the next day and said she wanted to meet with us. I told her that she could either meet with us or the Elders but not both but she is welcome to come to the primary activity on Saturday and church on Sunday. She came to both! Ya wanna know the best part? On the way to go to OUR ward in Spanish, Judy got a flat tire and the Elders went to go help her. So basically they helped her get to our church. But hey.. we're all on the same team, right? haha It's fun to joke around with them and they are really good Elders. Judy already has a few really good friends in the ward and her kids love it and have friends too. She came to the baptism last night too which was AWESOME! It was a "waptism" (wedding and baptism) We had to take everyone from the relief society to the chapel because there were so many people. It was a really good turn out. It was the Ferrer family and they looked SO happy! 
On Valentines day, it was pretty funny. We got lots of new investigators but it was all old, single men. I think people were just lonely. But one of them came to church! We set a baptismal date with Osvaldo (Claudia and Nadia's dad!) I hope he's serious. That was a good day. 
We had a fundraiser for the young women to go to girls came. They did a nice dinner and they had a bidding on the desserts they made. We (they) raised over $900!! They did a good job. I was glad we could help though. The next day was the primary activity. We got all the primary kids and had them decorate cut-out hearts. My personal favorite was one that said, "all the cool kids go to church" we then went and delivered them with all the kids to the less actives. So we had like 50 kids show up at each door with hearts and cupcakes. They loved it. it was really fun. 
I had a prompting to go knock on a door of a white person that I had referred over to the english elders and I didn't know why. I found him outside his house and he's super hardcore but really nice. He was a little smug the first time I met him but I knew i had to go for some reason. He used to be like a preacher or something and then eventually left and came up with his own believes... which are spot on with ours. I knocked on the door and started talking to him and his face was completely different from the first time. I said why are you different this time? He said he has been depressed and he needs a job. Sister Newton (who wasn't here when I met him the first time) told him to read 3 Nephi 11 before we left. I couldn't believe it. That was the same chapter that I had left him with the first time. He needs to read it apparently. Anyway... I hope the Elders take all the time they were spending on Judy and go over to his house. There were a lot of other miracles that happened with him but i don't have time ;/
Anyway... that was the week! I hope everyone had a good valentines day filled with... good stuff :) Love you!
The chapter is 3Nephi28 
SFTE
Hermana Cottrell 

No comments:

Post a Comment