Monday, February 25, 2013

My Hand Hurts Feb 25,2013


Man I can't even think what happened this week! On Wednesday I was sickish but I didn't want to stay in because Hna Newton had been sick and we needed to work. It was hailing! Soooo cold on bikes! But now it's like summer so we're good. We had a lesson out in the cold with this guy and I said in the middle of the lesson, "you're not interested are you?" I love how much more blunt I am in Spanish. I guess it's the culture, but i'm definitely more bold. Speaking of which, we went to contact someone and found someone else in the garage. He kept looking behind an object like there was someone else there. I gave the guy an invitation and as I walked back I literally saw this grown man crouched in a baby position hiding from us. I smirked and acted like I didn't see him. I kept talking to the guy and he said he wasn't interested. I said, "that's okay! What about your friend over there?" He started laughing uncontrolably while I just sat there. And then he tried to play it off and say "who?" I said that guy over there that is hiding from us! He was super embarrassed. It was funny. Poor guy. 
We are teaching an old man named Jose. We were riding on our bikes and we didn't see him but he said HEY! so we turned around and went to teach him. He's like an Agustin! Like 70 and lonely. He is going through a really hard time though because he was fixing his car and it FELL on him! And... chopped his fingers off. Ouch. He said that the devil did it. Well we taught him how to pray. We taught him that prayer is nothing recited, its a conversation with you and God so feel free to say anything you want. This was his prayer, "Heavenly Father.. MY HAND HURTS!! In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen"..... Can't argue with that. Amen. 
We spent a good chunk of our weekend helping the Correa Family. They got sealed in the temple! We decorated Friday night and helped Saturday as well. Lets just say I really know how to throw a Mexican Wedding. We had Cheetos and fruit with hot sauce on top... that's what they wanted. Okay they had a lot more than that but I love every bit of the hispanic culture! 
In the VC meeting I talked about how even though I burnt easy bake cookies earlier in the week, God is the best chef! He brings all of us very unique people together and he needs us all to become something amazing and delicious. If just one person is sour though and has a bad attitude, it could spoil the whole thing. A lot of times, we don't know what he's cookin, but he always does! 
We found out the news of 58 more missions! Did you all see that we are getting two more missions? Gilbert and Scottsdale? It wont effect me, but some of the missionaries in our mission will have to change missions! 60,000 missionaries! Can you believe that? Can you imagine Joseph Smiths face right about now! So cool! I'm so glad I decided to come! The bar has been raised... drastically! Gives me chills. We're getting a TON of new missionaries next transfer and splitting areas and everything's gonna get crazy to put it lightly. The new mission president will come in soon.. poor guy's gonna be a little overwhelmed. We are going to have a meeting and President ellsworth is going to show us all the changes that we will have on Wednesday, so I'll keep you updated. 
We sang in church yesterday! That was good. There was a lady that had her dad pass away like 3 days ago and had signed up to feel us and forgot. We felt really bad so later that night we doorbell ditched her with a box of chocolate covered strawberries that mom sent us. I was prayin to know who to give it to and I knew she needed them. Sister Newton knocked really lightly so I thought they didn't hear, so I went back up to knock really hard and they opened the door so I ran as fast as I could.. they caught us. But it was funny. 
That's the week! loveyou!
Read Ether chapter 3! The Brother of Jared. Think of the plan of salvation as you read it.
Write me! SFTE
Love,
Hermana Cottrell   

No comments:

Post a Comment