Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Jeepers "Creepers"

Family!! 
Hello! Great week on the mission. There really is never a dull moment at the VC. I had a few more creepers come in this week. This HUGE red-head with a beard came in and told me all about how he has "seasons" and Sequels of books written in his mind and he's just waiting for them to be published.. He just has to write it on paper, but it's done. He was so excited to tell me about the first one. It's about Lucifer and Lucifen. Lucifen has a body and Lucifer doesn't (obviously) as he put it. I was a little too encouraging I think because he followed me around the rest of the night. Security is tight though, no worries :) 
We had an awesome district meeting this week about charity. We worked on "heaven sent questions" after the meeting we went out talking to people and we applied the training and BOOM 4 awesome TTI's. There were lots of pauses but as we looked for the spirit to give us the questions they always came. It was so cool to see how the Lord really wants to bless us.. we just gotta look for the guidance. 
I went on exchanges with sister Noble this week, she's sister that just got here and amazingly, I know more spanish so I had to take the lead. I was pleasantly surprised actually! I think I lean on Sister Fors too much because I was actually able to get by! It was fun though. It was the first time I was out of sight and sound of sister fors in 4 months! Crazy. I had an interview with Elder Beckstrand and he told me that it was a huge complement to me that President kept me with sister fors so long because I must be really helping her with her anxiety and what not. I never thought of that. She helps me more than I help her, for sure! But, it was nice to hear.
There have been soooooooo many miracles coming out of the new art exhibit that we have! I wish I had time to write them all. Lets just say.. lots of baptisms coming up!!! Yay! 
One cool experience this week was with a couple girls- maybe a little younger than me. I had a feeling to talk to them even though we were closing. I played the cristus for them anyway and before I played it I asked them to think about any doubts or concerns they have about the church- which I hadn't planned on saying. After the narration, I asked them to tell me what stood out to them. One of the girls told me that she loved the feeling of peace because she hadn't had the chance to go to church in a long time and also that she had a lesson with the missionaries (they are both recently baptized) about eternal families and it really upset her because she couldn't understand why she wouldn't be able to be or see her family in heaven. I didn't get the impression to jump in and tell her why and help her "get it" but I knew she just needed peace. I told them I wanted to do an activity with them. I had them come up to the wall and stand as close as they could to it without touching it. (It's the wall with the universe around the Cristus) I asked if they knew the picture they were looking at if they could only see one little dot of the picture. They just laughed, but I told them to step back to see the whole picture. The stars, the moon, the sun, the whole universe. I explained that we can only see that one little dot in our lives, but Christ can see the whole picture. He see's everything- past, present and future. The one girl stopped and looked at her friend and said "I haven't told you or anyone this yet.. but I know I need to go on a mission now." She hasn't even told her parents that she has gotten baptized yet because she thinks they wouldn't have let her.. so that might be rough for her, but I got their information and they want to come back. Anyway.. it was a way cool experience. We have had so many good things happen this week! I think the only bad thing was that I woke up with a really bad allergic reaction to something and we don't know what it is... I kinda look like I have leprosy. :/ I went to the doctor and they don't know what it is so they just gave me a bunch of medicine that makes you really drowsy. As if I wasn't tired enough already! Anyway.. it's all good.
Love you all! The chapter this week is John 8. How can it apply to you? I have been learning a lot about judging and casting stones and how important it is to... well.. not! So read it and see what you can come up with
SFTE
Love, Sister Cottrell       

No comments:

Post a Comment