Monday, June 18, 2012

Get me a Bible!

Hellooowwahh
It's been a pretty good week. HAPPY FATHERS DAY DAD! Hope you ate some good bbq and what not. Best dad ever! yay! Happy Fathers day to everyone else too. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Little Lily :) cute 1 year old! Give her a birthday kiss for me!
I gave a talk at district meeting about the importance of our callings as missionaries. It turned out good I think. I always use to look at people and thing, "how can they just get up and talk without reading stuff.. aren't they nervous they'll forget?" That's one thing that I am sooooooooo grateful for that I've learned on my mission. Relying on the spirit to tell you what to say. You prepare of course, but it's really cool to see what happens as you put your trust in the Lord. I talked a lot about our power as missionaries and how the prophets and apostles say that we are walking with Peter, James and John and that "we are Apostles with a lower case "a"-Elder Holland and one more that I liked  "if we understood our calling we would know that we have all the powers available to us"-Alex Boye If you have time look up "my commission" onlds.org.
I had a guy come in wanting answers to "some questions" At the VC you always get nervous when people like that come in. We went in the art exhibit and he started asking me about what "rebirth" meant to me. I thought, sweet.. i'm gonna tell him about baptism. Well... all he wanted to do was argue and tell me that I'm not "submitting myself to Jesus" because I am part of a religion and that's standing in my way. Basically I just sat there and listened and then finally I just said, "what is your motive for coming in here today? And how did you find out about our church" He had no interest in answering my simple questions.. just interested in trying to get me to deny my faith. FINALLY one of the other sister walks in and I said, "sister, can you bring me my bible, please?" This is the code to go get the senior priesthood holder to come save me. Unfortunately the sister who came in is new and... she really went and got me a bible.. sweet. The guy asked if he could get me some water.. umm no. But he went to get some water for himself so I explained to the sister what, go get me my bible meant. She finally went to get him and he comes and I said, "Elder, this man has some questions and I think you could answer them way better than I could " he says, "really? I think you'd do a WAY better job than I do.. you always do!" (looks like we need to do some TRAINING PEOPLE!!) So I said, NO, trust me, you can answer better. He caught on and told me to go to my next post. The guy left after I left though because he couldn't dominate the conversation with the Elder. You get some interesting people. Speaking of interesting people, the lady that told me Jesus came to her and taught her tithing came in again yesterday and told me I had "supermodel hair" I said thank you! And sister fors said something like, yeah I wish I had hair that long. The next 20 min were both entertaining and interesting as the lady got up in sister for's face and told her how beautiful she was and that she should never compare herself to anyone because God made her that way. I quote, "What is wrong with you?!?! We do NOT have a "made in china" stamped on our butt, okay! We are daughters of God!" Love my life.
Brandon.. the kid i'm teaching over chat has a baptismal date this Saturday! I'm way excited for him! We are continuing to find. We have a couple investigators that are really promising. One is a family and one is a man! Just what we've been praying for. 
We had a fathers day ward party that was really fun! The difference in the mothers day one and the fathers day one was sooo different. So funny. The mothers day one the men were in charge and we had pot luck with noodles and beans and spaghetti and with the women were in charge of the fathers day one and we had a complete meal with organized entertainment. It was really fun. I'll have to send pictures. 
The ch this week is 2NE10... "they who are not for me are against me" Enjoy:)
Love you all! 
SFTE

No comments:

Post a Comment