Thursday, January 5, 2012

Jan. 6 2012- A little bit homesick?

Buenas Dias Familia!
So i'm going to start copying Sam and write some of the things I write in my journal so I can remeber everything. Time is somewhat picking up, so that's good. I have some pictures i'm sending out today, so look for those.

Dec 31, 2011
Feliz anos nueva! Hope everyone had a good new year. I was in bed by 10:30. But i woke up to a new year so that's good. I struggled knowing it was a holiday, but what can ya do? It was a fun day because I got to write home and that helped me a lot. I've tried to look for charity opportunities to be happier here. I try and put notes on peoples doors at night that just say "you are loved" or give them candy or something. That helps me not focus on myself as much. I also write in my journal things that I am grateful for and that helps too. I'm starting to understand a lot of spanish! It's coming a long and it's cool to notice the Lords hand in helping me learn so quick.

Jan 1
Happy new year 2012. It'll be a great year. We had my first mission conference today. there was some really good talks about being happy and the difference between having self centered or misplaced faith instead of chist centered faith. They called up random people to bare their testimonies infront of all 2000 of us. yikes. good thing that wasn't me. I also learned today that gratitude is the quickest way to happines. Before the firesides start they have hymns that we sing. Everyone cheers really loud when it's a popular song. Only in the MTC would that ever happen. After the fireside we got to watch a movie- the joseph smith movie. I ran into Conner ogden when we had our temple walk earlier today. that was cool! I felt bad though because he said he missed his family when he saw me. I was glad i got to see him before he left the MTC. It was weird not calling him conner wanner and not hugging him. I{ve been having a hard time here and i finally cried it out today. It feels so much better. There is a sister' hermana ferguson and she{s over the sisters in our zone and she said its ok to cry and we need to sometimes. Ive just been trying to suck it up but she{s totally right. come what may and love it.

Jan 2
Everytime i lay down in my bed i have the mind set that i can{t do this. Today I woke up not feeling well. I didn{t get much sleep at all because i was congested all  night and my stomach was hurting way bad. No bueno. Hermana larson and i stayed in our dorm and slept for a couple hours. I felt bad. I felt like i should have just gotten over it. My body is getting sick of the food already' so much prossesed food. Uh oh.

Jan 3
During the day I have been totally fine as always but nights are terrible. I learned a lot though during class and at my first tuesday night devotional. Like in class i learned that heavenly father has been preparing his children for eons. That being said, we are no better than they are and we need to give them more credit this is why need can be so bold with our investigatiors. I am working on memorizing our purpose and dc 4 in spanish. we gave our 3rd lesson to jose and i think it went pretty well we attempted to talk about the bom and told him to read it. we talked about joseph smith too. we used a lot of spanglish to try and get our point across but it{s ok apparently the investegator is actually going to be our teacher later on so he really does understand us we found that our a while ago. another teacher spilled the beans. I am comprehending the book of mormon so much more than i every have. It{s so applicable to me now. I love it. It{s not just a task anymore. it{s relaxing and a really good read. We printed out pictures today. it took an hour and a half cuz the machines are retarded. but... they{re comin! We have a program named Tall. Its a computer program that you sit there and work on pronunciation and record yourself and stuff it{s cool. After the fireside i learned that we all want patience but we all want it now! so true. the biggest thing that stuck out to me the most was he said, let your mission bless your future family. we all came back to our classroom after and bore testimony of what we learned. i mentioned that and cried through the whold thing. the branch presidents wife came and talked to me after and said that missions and marriage are two very good things and you need to make a decision. i thought i had! I{ve been struggling a lot though and i just had a breakdown.. again. good thing it{s just girls and little 19 year olds. Sister fergason is in the same boat as i am and she gave me some pointers on how to cope this this. Letters help me so much. You{d think they make me sad but seriously.. letters and christ are the only things making me stay out here.

Jan 4
tomorrow is p day i cant wait. we are going to the temple weve taught jose 5 times now. i can{t believe it. We had role plays today which was nice to mix it up... NO time to write.. it was a good day. In gym my new favorite thing is four square. i get too competitive though

Jan 5
Just got back from the temple... i need all your prayers please. The thing that i felt like heavenly father was telling me is that celestial families are the most important thing right now.. i{m so confused. please send letters.. I will write hand written letters so you can here the rest of all that is going on. Don{t worry though. I will be fine. and i{m so blessed and grateful to be here
love  you all!!!!
Love, Hermona Cottrell 

No comments:

Post a Comment