Friday, January 6, 2012

Snail Mail Letter Jan. 6, 2012

Mama Y Brumton,
Hi! So I know the email I sent probably freaked everyone out. The more I thought about it, the more I was worried. I laughed at my prayer I said before I ate lunch today, "Please help mom & dad not to freak out & worry about me because of my email". Sorry- I probably should rethink typing what I write in my journal. Plus by the time I wanted to write all the good stuff my time was up! It's all good;-). Of course my first week is going to be hard but I'm sure I'll get use to it & start to love every second;-). Thank you for your love & support! It helps me so much & it's so motivating to get letters. I need them. It helps me a lot at night.
Hows the Spanish coming? You're probably super busy as always. How are grandpa and grandma feeling? Did everyone get over their colds? Hope so. They have hand sanitizer everywhere here, you'll be happy to know! I have a little bit of a cold thought. I think there's just toooo many kids here. Was it you or dad that wanted to hear what my schedule was? I'll just tell you both:
6:30 ish- wake up- although we usually go workout before that. 7am breakfast, 7:30-8:30 is personal study, class from 8:30-11:30. Lunch @ 11:30, Gym is 12:30, "Tall" from 2:15-3:15, Language study 3:15-4:15, dinner @ 4:30, personal study time @ 5:15-6:45, devotional @ 7-8, district devotional 8-9, ;lan @ 9-9:30, companionship prayer, lights out at 10:30. That's our tuesdays. It's a little different each day but not by much. The only difference is that we have 6 hours of class instead of 3. But really it's way more because personal study and companionship time and district stuff is all in the same room. Oh and language study is too. Talk about T.B.! I told you a little bit about gym but I think you'd appreciate this story- So we were playing 4 square yesterday and an elder got me out. The next time I got back in I spiked the ball as hard as I could & got him out without even thinking I said, " Hey! You had that comin' buddy'. I felt bad and said I was kidding after (but I wasn't really). He was a good sport. Even though my email doesn't sound like it, I really do like it here...most of the time;-) It's just hard- but something that I learned this week is that you have to sacrifice things to make it worth it ;-). It's all good. Write me lots though & pray for me k? For now at least! It'll get better ;-) A blanket would be nice but it's ok if not! Also, I've been wanting a hoodie or sweatshirt (that I already have at home- don't buy anything) at night. I could easily survive without it though. Thanks for all your love & support! This still feels like EFY or something & I'm about to go home. Weird feeling. The only place we can go is the temple when we have time. The language is coming along, we're teaching our 5th lesson tonight- in Spanish- really cool!
Love you guys so much! So sosososo so so MUCH! Love, Hermana Cottrell
Ps- Laci said her and the girls are coming. cool. kiss'em for me;-)
Que tenga una buena semana

No comments:

Post a Comment