Monday, January 2, 2012

Sara vs. MTC Dec. 28,2011

Letter Jan. 2, 2012
Hola familia!
 Welll here I am! Its been really good so far. It feels like ive been here for a year. But it{s been good. My companion is Hermona Larson. Shes really similar to me. I really like her and we get along really well. Shes from Houston, TX. She{s really outgoing and bubbly and positive. I will try and sent a picture. Ive run into a lot of people I know like Mike Larson and people I went to high schoool and was really good friends with like sydney taylor and ali harris, they{ve helped me out a lot.. oh, and the vanlewen kid.. i dont{ know how to spell his last name. I{ve already learned how to pray, bare tesimony and we even taught a fake investegator twice already! The first time was pretty painful to say the least. But today went a lot better. Im starting to get the hang of things. Days are really long! Getting up early doesnt bug me though. We have class for like six to 8 hours a day and if we aren{t in class we are in meetings or something. It was kinda weird the first day i got here subconsciously i felt like I was just visiting for the day and I would be going home after. Ill get use to it. Day two was a lot harder. Days kinda mix together though. Heavenly Father has definitely put the right people in my path that i can relate to and learn from. I was interviewed by the president of the MTC yeterday and he made me senior companion. Kinda cool i guess. A lot of people said that if I can make it through till sunday ill be fine. Its crazy how much you learn here in such a short amout of time. Spanish is coming along! Although I have soooooooo much to learn! We had our first gym time yesterday. We worked out really hard and felt like it was precious time. Weve been eating really healthy too. Hermona Larson and i really dont want to gain weight so we only eat like salads and wraps usually and no deserts or sugar except sundays. Its good too because we eat really early at like 430 for dinner and then nothing else. So were doin pretty good there. We even get up extra early and work out before we have to get up. They sometimes have aerobic classes for the sisters in the morning too so that{s kinda cool. Everyone is so spiritually prepared and ready here. I learn a lot from them. I have a really good district! Everyone is starting to come out of there shell a little bit so it makes it more fun. Hermona Larson and I really try and push each other which is good because we work really hard. Everyone in my dorm, 5 girls, are really nice and positive too so that helps. I don{t have any problems with them at all. Im grateful to be here. The bathrooms are....humbling. ha, they{re fine. We don{t spend much time in our rooms, just sleep.. so it doesnt really matter that they{re really small. No music until i get out in the feild. I was kinda bummed about that. My pday is on thursdays so i{ll usually get to email and send letters on thursdays but they let us email today. That{s when we will go to the temple early in the mornings too. They let me write you guys yesterday and tell you about my immunization card.. did you get that mom. I think i left it! after all that. Well i don{t really know what else to say other than i{m doing well and its a cool place. i can feel angels protecting us so dont worry about it. Thank you for the letter mom and dad and kelcie and cory! it helps sooooooooooo much... you don{t even know. We can only write letters on thrusday though so don{t get mad if i don{t respond quickly. While we were teaching our so called investegator, even though we didn{t know what we were saying, we felt the spirit and that was really cool. Just a confirmation that I{m out here for the right reasons. We even asked him if he wanted to take the steps towards baptism...i think... and he said si!... it felt really good. the spirit is really strong. Cory, i don{t know if you{ve gotten my letter yet, but please thank your parents for the package! that was so sweet of them and i was able to share with everyone! I am working on a letter to them but please thank them for me! I love and miss you all! i seriously can{t believe i{ve only been here for less than 72 hours. Crazy. I never thought my brain could hold so much. Hope all is well with everyone! Write to me, be safe and hold to the rod!

Love,
Hermona Cottrell

No comments:

Post a Comment