Monday, April 22, 2013

BIG NEWS! APRIL 22,2013


Okay... Lots to write. SO haha I can't even type without laughing. I am WHITEWASHING.. meaning I'm starting a NEW area... wait wait wait, it gets better... With HERMANA VALLADARES!! My baby. Wait for it... PLUS we have accepted a new calling from President that has never been a calling before, I am a "exchange sister" meaning I will be like a girl ZONE LEADER in my zone. Who knows what that implies.. but i'm excited. We will go to all the leadership meetings with the president and we will go on splits all the time with the sisters in our new zone. So this transfer is gonna get loco. I have an area in the VC on the computers with investigators, an area in the VC with people that walk in the VC, i'll have an area with the sisters in my zone, I'll have an area in my REAL area, plus my administrative assistant calling in the vc... okay I'm getting stressed writing this, I gotta stop. I'm sooooo excited though!!! I'm gonna be so busy! Hermana Larson is taking my spot with Hermana Weber... so she got transferred downstairs. I trust her with the 5 baptisms that are coming up! They will work hard in the area. So it was a short stay in Liahona 3rd with lots and lots of success, but i'll be in "Arboleda" now which is a branch.. the first one on my mission. I have no idea what to expect. All I can see in my mind is trees or a forest because "arboleda" means grove of trees. We will have lots of trial and error and adventures. I'm excited to be back with Hermana Valladares again. It's actually her birthday today! This isn't even that crazy compared to everyone else though... there are sisters that have been out for 6 weeks and are training! Soooooooooooo many missionaries. I feel like I don't even know anyone in the mission.
Okay so thats that. This week was really good. I can't run now in the mornings.. I swear you age like 100 years on your mission because my right knee like pops and swells and aches every time I run now...nice. We had a cool experience the other day. We set 4 baptismal dates in one day. Also yesterday we had like 20 min in our area the whole day and we found 3 new investigators in 20 min.... i'm going to miss this area a lot. 
Let me tell you the story of a 15 year old named Andy: Andy came into the VC with his friend last JULY and said he wasn't a member but his friend.. who is a girl is a member. He said he talked to the missionaries when he was little, but he never got baptized and his parents wouldn't let him take the lessons until he was 16. So i told him last July that I would call him the day after his bday on April 13 the following year. Welp, I did! I wished him a happy birthday and he said that he already had talked to his parents and they said that they weren't too thrilled about it still, but that he could take the lessons at someone elses house. I suggested that maybe he could take the lessons at his friends house that came with him to the VC a year ago and she happened to be with him right then and she said that was fine. Then after I hung up, I called the elders that are in his area and they just happened to be in their same apartment complex right by where they were. So apparently they went over right then and now he is getting baptized on May 11th!!! Soooo worth the wait :) We are having so much success on the phones. We've almost got our 30 baptisms for the month. There are so many miracles happening, the Lord truly is hastening his work and i'm so grateful that I get to watch Him do it. 
I've been studying about faith, because a lot of times I feel like I don't have enough faith or have a grasp of what faith truly is, but I was reading in Preach My Gospel and it says that the actions of faith are repentance, obedience, and dedicated service... even if I feel that I lack faith....I can do that. It feels more tangible to me. Anyway, I just felt like I needed to share that. Love you all! :)
SFTE
Hermana Cottrell
Helaman 4 and 5 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment