Monday, April 22, 2013

April 17,2013- FLAT IRON HIKE


Buenas tardes :)
Okay, brief summery of the week: Monday we went on a killer hike called "Flat Iron" 3 hours up and 2 hours down. It was like 6 miles and one mile height wise. We were all super sore and super tired we were all walking like ducks for 2 days... it was fun though. Juan didn't have a document to get his marriage licence, so we are waiting yet another week... we cried a little. BUTTTT cute little Alexandra got baptized :) ... I'll talk about that later. On Wednesday we had Interviews and inspections.. it was weird to think that I was going into my last interview before my REAL last interview. It went well.. we just talked about the area and how busy we are. He asked if I thought the area would be better full-field since we're getting so much work... I don't want to be full-field again.. but I couldn't lie so I told him that the area needs more attention... so either my last transfer i will be full-field, or I'll get transferred most likely. :/ should be interesting news next week. I don't want to leave though. We got to go to the temple on Thursday... I love the Mesa temple, it's definitely become a part of me. Hermana Weber is struggling with English... I don't know how to help her. I have way too much sympathy because I know how she feels. She gets really frustrated and never wants to speak English... i'm still tryin to figure out what to do. She is one of the best missionaries in the mission though. I sat her down and told her that I really want to help her because Heavenly Father needs her as a leader and even though I want to perfect my spanish, I know He needs her to learn English, I hope I can help :/ 
Alexandra Perez, 9 years old (Juans soon-to-be step daughter)  got baptized on Saturday! She's the cutest little girl i've ever seen, i'll send pics. It was actually kind of a mess- we worked at the vc before so we were only like 15min early and my camera was dead, Juan got stuck in traffic and missed the whole thing, everyone was getting up and sitting down throughout the program to try and figure everything out, we didn't practice our song with the pianist so it wasn't good, there was some drama with the ward mission leader and the stake presidency... I could go on and on... but, with everything that went wrong, I looked over at Alexandra and she was the happiest little girl in the whole world and she was just beaming with the light of Christ. It just reminded me that nothing else matters and that we all just need to be "as a little child" It also reminded me of the lesson that we had with Yesenia and her 11yr old son Victor. Yesenia has one of the strongest testimonies i've ever heard a non member give... as we teach, she's the one that testifies.. even in church... she's a dry member and the next Relief Society president... the only problem is that because her heart is changing, her husband is resenting it and it's destroying her marriage. She's so ready for her baptism and wants to be baptized.. she says she knows it's true with all her heart and will never leave this but that it's been so hard with her husband. I feel bad for her.. Victor really wants to get baptized, but Yesenia wants support from her husband. Victor asked questions like "what's the difference bw God, Jesus Christ and Jesuscristo?" and "What does Gospel mean" Later in the lesson as he saw his mom getting frustrated he said, "mom, you just need to follow what in here, your heart... instead of what's in here, your mind" We asked him why he wants to get baptized and he said, "I just want that gift you were talking about... the Holy Spirit... I want that with me all the time" Pretty sure my chin started to quiver. 
Fasting works! Last night we saw Juan and she said he is for sure getting married and baptized THIS Saturday :) So here comes another Mexican wedding!!! I'm a pro by now. Anyway, Juan talked to Alexandra about how she felt when she was baptized and she told him that when she went down into the water and closed her eyes she saw Heavenly Father and she felt so good. She said when she got the Holy Ghost yesterday, she felt something she couldn't describe. I think that really hit home for him. In his closing prayer he said, "Heavenly Father I know this is true.. I testify that it is" He was talking about how a year ago when missionaries knocked, he wanted nothing to do with it... no interest at all... but God prepares his children with time. It brings us comfort as we face rejection for sure. I'm working with the most amazing people and we feel sooooo blessed. Heavenly Father is just poring out blessings as our faith has been strengthened and we are obedient. I'm loving it. I really feel like we aren't doing anything though... God works on His own time.
Thats about it :) Love you all! OH ps I had the meeting with the people in SLC over skype and it was so good! We are doing Member Present lessons and FHE's over the phone now.... technology... it's changing everything. We've already had around 15 baptisms this month. Go Preach My Gospel!!!
The chapter is Job 23.. random? just read it, it's good.
Love,
Hermana Cottrell

No comments:

Post a Comment