Tuesday, April 9, 2013

April Fools! 4-1-13


It's April Fools! This morning sister larson and I were running and we saw our district leader walking with his companion. We stopped them and said that both of our companions had returned to Mexico in the middle of the night... that's the best i've got this year.
Happy Easter! For Easter I made this quote and put it in a Easter Egg for all the sisters in the VC. "Brothers and sisters, one of the great consolations of this Easter season is that because Jesus walked such a long, lonely path utterly alone, we do not have to do so. His solitary journey brought great company for our little version of that path—the merciful care of our Father in Heaven, the unfailing companionship of this Beloved Son, the consummate gift of the Holy Ghost, angels in heaven, family members on both sides of the veil, prophets and apostles, teachers, leaders, friends. All of these and more have been given as companions for our mortal journey because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the Restoration of His gospel. Trumpeted from the summit of Calvary is the truth that we will never be left alone nor unaided, even if sometimes we may feel that we are. Truly the Redeemer of us all said: “I will not leave you comfortless: [My Father and] I will come to you [and abide with you].”- Elder Holland Christ wore His crown of thorns so that one day we will wear crowns of glory! Remember the royal within you. It was a pretty good Easter. Omar got baptized on Friday! :) yay! we are hoping for 5 in April. Pray for us! 
The Easter pageant is over, it was weird it feels like it just kind of blew over my head because every night while the easter pageant was going, instead of watching it, we would tell our investigators to come to the VC so that we could have a lesson with them. That sacrifice brought lots of blessings! We saw lots of miracles at the VC as well. My companion Hna Weber got the information to send the missionaries of someone that is in our area! After she got her information, I took them to see the movie "witness of Christ" and they gave me referrals for their friends! Companionship unity :) On the weekend at the Easter pageant, i'm guessing we had 30,000 people. Nuts. We didn't even have very many crazies either! Only one or two and nothing really happened.
I've been sick... shocker. Not to the point where I can't work any more, but I haven't been able to hold much down. I'm just nauseated all the time. I'm sure it's just being tired or something. Heavenly Father blessed me so much one night though because I just sat behind the front desk instead of presenting something since i wasn't feeling well and I still made all my goals for the night! Prepared people literally fell into my lap. 
The baptism.. was stressful. Everyone was SUPER late and a couple people on the program flaked out and just didn't show up. But we went into a room as a companionship and prayed and it all turned out well. All of Omar's family came! He is a pioneer in his immediate family but he has the support of extended family that are members which is good. Omar's little brother (22 yrs old) came up to me and started asking me questions and HE wants to learn now :) cool! Sister Fors and Sister Holladay were in town for the pageant as well so they came to the baptism and it was good to see them.. in PANTS!. 
Yesterday for easter some Americans invited us to eat breakfast with them. Sigh... I don't know how to work with Americans. I don't like it... at all. Anyway, so they have this tradition that comes from there ancestors. You have toast, boiled eggs and milk.. meaning you had wheat, a chicken and a cow to take care of your family. You break up the bread, slice the eggs and pore milk over it and eat it. hmmmm... maybe you have to get use to it. I thought of mom and her milk toast.. gross. At church Omar was confirmed! Good feeling. After church... we were locked out... :/ so we went to the vc for a while and then we broke in. I was craving an Easter dinner sooo bad! I hadn't eaten a real meal in like a week... but they changed our vc schedule and we worked there from 4pm to 7pm so we didn't get to eat with members or anything so we ate a frozen burrito. BUT... I prayed and guess what? This morning I woke up and a member had brought a ham dinner for us... so Easter lunch today! Better late than never. 
Hope everyone had a good Easter :) It was so awesome testifying to people and telling them that we don't celebrate Christs death, but that He LIVES! And He loves us and knows us and that through baptism we can become who we need to be. 
The chapter is Mormon 9.. it says at the beginning that it's directed to people that don't believe in Christ. But it's a good chapter.
Love you all,
SFTE
Hermana Cottrell

No comments:

Post a Comment