Tuesday, April 9, 2013

April 8, 2013 - Progress!


Happy Conference!!! Wasn't it amazing? I got to see all of it except for an hour because I was working in the VC, but I feel renewed and my faith strengthened.. Hope everyone else feels the same. It's like I say all the time, it's the same thing as if the prophet Moses or Noah or Nephi were going to speak to the world in behalf of God... you would do ANYTHING to hear what they have to say! It's the same. I loved it and was able to receive so much inspiration. It's seriously like Christmas especially when you are a missionary... you hear things in a different way. 
On Tuesday we had 4 apts fall through and a flat tire.. but the Lord wanted us to find a new investigator instead... Ana! She's looking for peace in her life. We are still trying to keep up with referrals... man, every time we contact someone we get two or three more. NOT complaining.. but I feel bad that it takes us so long to contact and people are waiting. 
On Wednesday night right before we were closing up the VC a girl I had met a couple months ago, who didn't want to go on a mission at all and was against it had come looking for me and said that she had just gotten her call to the Houston, Texas mission! I wanted to cry. She said she had to come find me and tell me that because of my story, she's going! I also got a letter this week from another girl that I talked to and she just left for the MTC on Wednesday to Tacoma, WA. It makes me sooooooooooooooo happy! I'm so glad I got called to the VC and Heavenly Father gave me the opportunity to talk to all these girls and help them make one of the best decisions they can ever make! 
We had Zone Training Meeting this week and Sis Dasjav from Mongolia bore her farewell testimony! All of our cool sisters from far away are leaving! I think we are getting sisters from like Germany and Russia soon though. 
The adversary is working with our investigators sooooooo much and it's driving me nuts! We are supposed to have 4 baptisms on Saturday and I think we will only have one. We'll see... I still think we'll have a miracle. But Juan is getting his marriage license as I write!!! :) So we are having a wedding on Saturday for sure but I think his daughter Alexandra is the only one that will get baptized.. he says that "it's just too much in one day" or something like that... sigh... that's WHY you're getting married!!! So anyway... He's going to talk to the bishop tomorrow and we will see him tonight so I still have hope.PLUS he took down his virgin maria guatelupe poster down... THAT"S progress if i've ever seen it... especially with a hispanic. And then there is Yesenia and her son Victor that are supposed to get baptized and are sooooo awesome! All these people are what we call "dry members" (people that seem like members but haven't been baptized) Yesenia is prego and is throwing up all the time so we can't see her! ugh.... We'll see what happens. She's close though. We are a little stressed though because we don't really know what's going to happen this Saturday because we didn't have church and the members don't know anything yet! So hopefully we can get some support... and a wedding dress.
Calling on the phones at the VC is changing completely! We are now turning everything into Preach My Gospel.. so with key indicators, member present lessons and our main focus is baptizing! Salt Lake said that we are one of the most successful VC's in the world... I think we are the 2nd and the 1st is SLC obviously. But usually we baptize 15-17 people a month and our goal this month is 30 in april. We are extending our vision and doing it the Lords way. It's so cool to be apart of this and all these cool historical changes. We are having a skype meeting with the people over all the computer "connect" program for the church in the whole world on Thursday and they will train me and some other sisters so we can help turn everyone into Preach My Gospel Visitor Center sisters even over the phones and emails and chats. So..... If you have anyone you want me to call, just give me their number and i will teach them over the phone... just throwin it out there. 
It was a good week! Let me know what your favorite talks were. I liked Elder Holland's and Elder Bednar's and Elder Nielsons... I liked all of them, but I feel like my faith has been lacking so Elder Holland's talk was definitely an answer to a prayer. Hope everyone has a good week :) love you all!
The chapter is 3 Ne 14 read it! 
Hermana Cottrell
SFTE  

No comments:

Post a Comment