Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Miracles and cow TONGUE 12-4-12


Crazy week!!
Oh my goodness where do i even begin? Okay so miracles every day. In the vc I have had families EVERYDAY this week come in lately and say to me, "I just feel something here... I don't know what it is... but I just feel something" Coolest thing ever. I have been able to get the information of all of them and teach them over the phone, in the vc and send missionaries. 
So the LUJAN family!!!!! We went to go give them the money that we had raised for their wedding and they said to wait before we paid and everything because they had something to tell us :/ we were nervous. We went over there and they told us that they had to move back to mexico in like 5 days because they were too poor to keep living here and they had no choice! That ALWAYS happens to me. We had one more lesson, almost giving up all hope. We brought some members with us to try and convince them to stay because they had just come back from living in mexico and they said its HORRIBLE there. During the lesson they told us that they already sold everything they have to move and they had no choice. Claudia, the mom was getting upset because she wondered why she even came to arizona, she doesn't have family, money or a job. I stopped and started to cry and told her that I knew with all my heart that she came to arizona to know that she could have an eternal family and that by her coming here was NOT a lose. Everyone was crying. I told her that I know she has a testimony of the book of mormon and i know she knows its true. So i told her that we were going to have a wedding in the morning and her baptism the next day before they left to mexico. I have never felt the spirit so strong in a lesson before. She accepted!! So that NIGHT the zone leaders just happened to not have an appointment and their neighbors who are members just happened to pull up to their house right when they needed a ride to have their interviews and we had their interviews, we called the bishop to marry them, the relief society came in and took her shopping for a dress and bought her a cake and we had an incredible wedding! We looked up their ward in mexico and got all the numbers so that they can stay active too. I even played the piano at their wedding! Their cute little girl snuck away and started pulling my skirt down and pulling my hands off the piano... but they didn't see her doing it so everyone was like... yikes, spirits gone. Way funny.  My zone leader said that the baptism was the best (hispanic) baptism that he's ever been to. I'm.... tired. But it was the biggest/craziest thing i've seen on my mission. So cool. During our lunch break yesterday we went and printed off all the pictures and put them in an album. Its so cool that we work at the vc too because i got permission to continue teaching them over the phone and make sure they are staying active. Crazy how everything worked out. Everything was like a puzzle with all the pieces there. 
The christmas concerts have started and we are getting thousands and thousands of people every night. The first concert was Rob Gardner and I was assigned to give the announcement in spanish in behalf of the vc to invite everyone in. I REALLY wanted to do it, but earlier that day sister v was telling me how much she has always loved Rob Gardner. I knew Heavenly Father was giving me an opportunity to show her that i love her and to serve her... so i got permission for her to do it while I covered her shift and she could watch the concert and meet him. Well... yesterday, the next night, I was assigned to announce it again. Good Karma! :) It was fun I announced the mesa high school choir performance. The lady in charge told me after that someone asked her where I was from because my accent sound "ethnic"... cool! My little Honduran is helpin me out. Heavenly Father is quick to humble me though every time I feel like i'm doin good. Like I one night I was on the front steps of the vc greeting people and a couple walked in front of me and I started speaking spanish because... well call me racist, but they had darker skin and they just looked at me like i was retarded and said.. "...uhh we don't speak spanish" and laughed to each other and walked away. Awkward. 
Sunday we had the confirmation and it was sooooo good. Astrid- the 10 year old wants to go on a mission. Before they left for mexico i gave her a hug and after I slipped one of my extra missionary tags in her hand. She looked at it like it was gold. I can't wait for them to go through the temple as a family next year! 
Sunday I ate lengua de baca. Do you know what that is? COW TONGUE!! I ate it and thought.. this meet has a lot of fat.. gross. But we were with members and didn't say anything obviously. Well we started talking about crazy things that we have eatin on the mission and sister v says, "have you ever eaten cow tongue?" and the member said, "yes of course we eat it all the time" and sister v said, i will never eat that! it grosses me out. The member started to laugh sooooooooooooo hard i thought she was going to pee her pants. Yeah... we ate a tongue... of a cow. I actually have tried it before but I felt sick the rest of the night just knowing what it was. Anyway that's the week in a nut shell. Love you all! :)
The chapture is Mosiah 23
Love,
Hermana Cottrell
ps there is a new mormon.org campaign for christmas so look into it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment