Monday, November 26, 2012

Start the lights! 11-26-12


Hola! Como estan?
 We had a good week! I don't know what I am going to do, we've only had like 3 days of christmas lights and i'm exhausted. It's so amazing though! We have seen crazy miracles every night. I wish i had time to share them all. The biggest thing that has been on my mind though is la familia Lujan! They are so amazing. We have been teaching them for a while now. The husband, Leonardo is a member.. but doesn't know anything and his "wife", Claudia and his daughter Astrid are not members. They have all been coming to church every week without fail but they are not married! Ah... people. So we told them to get themselves married so they could get baptized but they don't have the money to get the license. They literally sat on the floor while we taught them tithing this week, they are selling everything just to get food on the table but yet they still had the heart to feed us a couple times in their house. Breaks my heart. So.. we talked to our zone leaders to see if we could do a fundraiser for them and within like one day we have the money. Everyone is paying 4 dollars in the zone to get 75 for the marriage license and they can get married!!!! We are really excited. We hope to have their baptism next Saturday. It's a little scary though because they are starting to have problems in their relationship now. We will see.  
Something cool that happened this week was in the morning i was reading my scriptures and.... okay i was a little bored because i wasn't understanding all of in spanish so I was ready to move on and read preach my gospel but i had an impression to keep reading so I did. I read about what a prophet and a seer is. I thought 'someone needs to hear this today but i don't know who' (especially because we didn't have hardly anytime in our area with the christmas lights) So i went about my day not thinking much of it. We got to the vc and a sister asked me to end her movie because her shift was over. i went in and it was a single guy in his 20's and we started talking he told me that he has fallen in the church so many times but "the prodigals son" was just what he needed to watch right then. he told me that the only problem that he had with the church is with prophets. I told him my experience in my studies and i said, "So I read this for you.. so pay attention" at the end of it he said, now I know what I want to become... worthy of my priesthood like those men. He said that he is never going to fall again. COOL! Church is true. 
Thanksgiving was really good :0 We woke up, did studies and then played soccer for like 3 hours with our zone. Then we had a lesson with adelfo in the park. We had a special meeting earlier in the week with all the trainers in their 2nd transfer with their trainers and sister ellsworth said that if we do roleplays in studies that we will receive revelation and if we don't we are missing out on revelation. I didn't want to do it that morning.. so I knew i needed to for some reason. It was cool though because adelfo said WORD for WORD what we had practiced like for the whole lesson. We started laughing sooo hard... he asked why we were laughing and sister v. said that it was because we are happy.. i laughed harder. We then went to the Escobar's for dinner. The gonzolas and rodrigous were there too. I shared with them alma 26:37 and talked about how we should give thanks to god forever. We ate and then played a game with the ten commandments. I love all of them! I have been in this ward for a good 6 months... so i'm pretty close to a lot of them. I was able to speak/sing in church yesterday so it was good to tell them all thank you. That night at the VC, the lights started. Every day I have a different complanion (one english and one spanish) we call it a zebra companionship. There were lots of people that didn't know if they were allowed to come in the vc so I had this feeling to walk up to the door and invite this family in. I scared them and they started to walk away fast, they thought I was going to tell them to leave or something haha but I started speaking spanish and told them to come in and at the end they asked us if we could send missionaries to teach them. also, there was a girl that came in that night that I told her my story and she's going on a mission! So fun. Christmas lights are the best.
We had a couple lessons with Jesus this week.. we ran into a problem that I never thought I would have. He has anxiety around lots of people. he grew up in a small town so he like cant breath when there are lots of people.. we found this out when we took him to the christmas lights haha poor guy. He was REaLLY nervous to go to church.. but we wanted him to go anyway so we showed up to his apartment with hno escobar and told him to get in the car. he loved church and he told us that he knows its true, but he's scared to get baptized and "he's already baptized" how many times to I have to share moroni 8:11?? We were talking after church and he said he can't commit to be baptized even though he knows its true. We had a really dramatic scene (sister valladares is teaching me how) We were telling him that we are representatives of Christ and if you reject baptism and our message you are rejecting Christ! and then we stormed off. I had a straight face until we walked out and then I laughed. Not use to being dramatic.. but thats what he needed.
anyway.. this is a long letter. Love you all! The chapter this week is moroni 8! Share it with all your Catholic friends, it'll be great.
Love you
SFTE
Sister Cottrell

No comments:

Post a Comment