Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Lula and Leti and kids


Family,
Hello
Another exhausting week. But good. We had zone conference which was really good and we learned a lot. We split our p-day up because we had to work at the VC the rest of the time. I was so grateful that we talk to everyone this week. There was this guy on the street named Martin and we went to go talk to him and invited him to listen to our message and he said yes and that his friend, Pedro Vascez already invited him to have missionaries and he wanted them. So Pedro was going to tell us that he was interested but he went out of town and hadn't told us yet, but I guess God didn't want to wait. Anyway, he already went to church this Sunday.  So that was cool. We are making lots of changes in the ward. It's really hard to get members to help us and to help them realize that we need their help. With the new bishop though, we are changing a lot. We are FINALLY getting ward missionaries called and implimenting a lot of techniques that I have come up with... hope it works, cuz somethings got to happen. There's a new "Family Mission Plan" that I translated into spanish that Sister Mendoza and I will be stopping by a lot of the members houses and doing and also we made a sheet of all the members and all their information and what hours they are available. I'm pretty sure finding members to go out with us to lessons is my least favorite thing in the world to do, so hopefully this will help make it easier.
 
Another cool thing that happened was a couple days ago we were walking to a lesson and a lady rolled down her window from her car and said, "where am I?!" I told her she was on Leasure and 2nd streat. She said she was trying to get to the temple but her glasses broke and she couldn't see anything but she just HAD to get to the temple because she missed her ward temple trip. She stopped in the middle of her sentence and said, "Are YOU a missionary?" I said yes and she started to cry really... really hard. I asked her why she was crying and she said that when her glasses broke she said a prayer that the Lord would guide her car and the next person she saw was me! Way cool. She kept calling me an angel and that she was sooooooooo grateful that I had chose to serve.
 
We have been teaching Lula and Leti and there kids for a while now. They are so awesome. It's really fun to teach kids. I feel really bad though because they don't have the means to get them to school every day. One of the kids is like 9 or 10 and has never been to school. So the only teaching they get is from us. They love it, I bring them candy and pictures and stuff. When we knock on the door they all yell, "LAS HERMANAS, LAS HERMANAS!!!" We have had to start from scratch though because they really didn't even know who Jesus is.. so it's been really cool to see them learn so much.
 
Thats... about it. Hope everyone is doin good :) Read Helaman 10 if you can.
Love you,
SFTE
Sister Cottrell

No comments:

Post a Comment