Monday, September 10, 2012

I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU....

Hola familia,
I have some good stories today.So earlier this week was not good. Allergies in full force again :/... but it's starting to be better again so it's fine. For zone activity we had a marshmallow war! Funnest thing EVER! It was like lazer tag but with marshmallows and we had dart guns and the church gym was set up so cool. The only bad part was that the gym floor was soooooooooo sticky and hard to clean up.. but it was worth it. The elders were starting to get annoyed with me I think because every time they would talk or try and explain the game I would shoot them in the face haha.
That night we went to the vc and I had a VERY interesting call on the computers. This jewish man from England (but now is a doctor in cali) called in and he kept asking me if I believed in Isreal and in the Jewish God and a bunch of weird stuff. I told him that I didn't really know what he was talking about but he sounded really sad while he was talking to I stopped him and asked what was wrong and that he sounded distrought. He said, "ya know that just really touched my heart, no one ever has cared about how I have felt before and my wife died and my parents disowned me so I have no one... but you have just touched my heart." I told him I was glad... but then he kept saying that i had touched his heart probably 50 times. i didn't know what to say. After about 10 min of complementing me he said, "I... I think i have just fallen in love over the phone."... NO! STOP! No you haven't. He argued with me for the next forever until I finally just had to hang up on him because he wouldn't take no for an answer and i wouldn't give him my number. He told me that I was going to convert to be a jew and he would convert to be a mormon and he's a little bit older.. but he's a doctor so that's okay.. I was dying. Lets just say i have been talking in an english accent for the passed 2 days.
For one of our investigators (Lula) we brought over a cake and presents.. It was really fun and I was so glad we did it because we found out that no one else celebrated it. 
For ZTM we had Bob Worsley come speak to us he is running for senator and he is was the founder of sky mall and he has won all these awards for business here in az. Maybe you know him? Anyway... it was pretty cool. He talked about having a vision
On friday it was raining really ... really.. REALLY hard. i thought it was the coolest thing ever so i told hna mendoza that we should take a bread from studies and go take a picutre out in the rain. Big mistake. We took the pictures and hna mendoza had shut the door hehind her... locking ourselves out. i didn't even have shoes on. I've never seen it rain so hard and we were stuck! We said a little prayer to which house we should run to and so we knocked on the next door neighbor and a young couple with 3 kids opened. They didn't seem too happy to let us in but they could see that we looked cold so they helped us. Apparently they were former members and both had beef about the church. As i talked though, I could see the yearning on the womans face. She asked why i had decided to go on a mission and she told us why she stopped going and why her husband doesn't want to go. I guess he feels like a hypocrite by going because he doesn't follow all the "rules" anyway.. if that wasn't a miracle enough, the day before, the elders had knocked on their door and for some reason gave them their number.. so we were able to use their number to help us because we had left our phone in the car and the VC phone was off. 
AHOY! Brandon Ross was baptized.. I repeat.. Brandon Ross was baptized on saturday! Finally of six months not giving up on him over the phone even though his elders did.. he got baptized. His family says they are kicking him out.. :( .. but he is strong and knows it's true and sticking to the gospel. I am so proud of him.
Anyway.. there was some more cool stuff, but i don't have much time.
Love you all! This week is 3 Nephi 11. Great chapter.
Sister Cottrell

No comments:

Post a Comment