Monday, August 27, 2012

Training is ...a LOT of work... 8-27-12


Hola Fam!
It's been an exhausting week! Training is... a LOT of work. But it's good for me. I will send some pics of me and hermana Mendoza. She is from Eagle Mountain but her parents are from mexico so she knows spanish already. I made her set a baptismal date in her first lesson with me... (she doesn't need to know that the investigator already had the date) :) But she did it and she's already a better missionary than me. She's great. I decorated a new planner for her when she got here and she seems to be happy so that's good! Right when she got here I threw her in the work we only had like 3 or four hours and we had like 8 lessons. Every half hour. It was pretty crazy but I was glad I could keep up with our numbers without sister Sordes. I looked at my journal this week and i started it every day pretty much with "wow... i'm exhausted" haha Oh i forgot to mention.. Get this Hna Mendoza was a vegitarian for 3 years before her mission. I watched her take her first bite of chicken after 3 years. When she told me that I laughed and thought, "good luck sister" meat is like water to mexicans. I guess she knew that since she is mexican.. but she's had a pretty good attitude about it.
I think I tramatised her in a lesson. Like the second or third day we went into a lesson and there was someone there that we hadn't met. He was laying in the middle of the living room on a bed with a cross above his head. He spilt his guts to us and told us that he was a sinner and he needs to repent and he needs to pray to saints and stuff. I think he was on something. But he looked at me and starred and said to Hna mendoza and our member that they need to be really nice to me because I am an angel that is a saint that needs to be prayed to like the virgin mary. I was biting my lip trying not to laugh. I guess it didn't phase me at all because I talk to people all day like that in the VC.. but they were mortified, it was pretty funny.
We had stake conference this Sunday which was weird to hear church in english.. but it was good.
Anyway- that's pretty much it. I'm learning lots and seeing miracles everyday :) Love you all and hope to HEAR from you all soon :)
The chapter is Alma 56- about the strippling warriors. This one goes out to all the mothers who "know it" especially my mom!
Love you,
Hermana Cottrell

No comments:

Post a Comment