Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Trainer!


Hola familia
 
HELP! I'm prego with a greenie that is arriving TOMORROW!! Yeah.. So President called me Saturday night and said, "Sister Cottrell, you have been called to train" I sat there forever and then said, "uhhh... are you sure, President?" He said, "Yes, this is what the Lord wants." I was shaking. I'm really nervous. I am still new! It wasn't what I expected for atleast a few more transfers. Usually people don't train till towards the end of there missions from what I have seen lately except for Sister Fors and.. well.. she was born a missionary. It should be interesting. Our area is huge and I don't even know a third of the members. So Hermana Mendoza (born in Eagle mountain, utah but grew up with parents from Mexico) and I will learn together. It's a pretty big responsibility. Prayers will be much needed. I talked to Elder Beckstrand and he said, "I have absolutely no worries about it... you have had good companions" then I said... "HA.. yeah.. all TWO of them??" Probably not the most respectful thing I could of said, but I appreciated his confidence in me and he laughed.
 
This week has been really good. We have worked so hard and it's really payed off. I don't know if I said this in my other letter, but Sister Sordes and I have cancelled all our lesson plans and just taught baptism. We have seen sooooo many miracles from it. Everyone we have taught has realized the importance and wants to be baptized now. So cool.
 
We have been struggling to get people to church, this passed sunday we left church to gather people and as we were about to give up, I had one more person that I wanted to go try and they alllll came. We got sooo many people at church (well it's a lot from what we had been doing) anyway.. it was a testimony to me that when we do our very best the Lord will make up for the rest!
 
Sunday was so good. We had a fireside where recent converts get up and tell their conversion story and we have musical numbers. GUESS who gave their conversion story this time... MARTA! :) I wanted to cry. She did so good and I was so proud of her. I know she'll stay active.. makes me feel so good that I got to be apart of that.
 
Sister Sordes is going to Sister Larson! They will do awesome. Okay.. I don't really know what else to say.. sorry it's not very long this week, but it was a good week. I'm sure I will have a lot to say next week.
The chapter is 2NE 31 EL Bautismo!!!
Love you all
SFTE
Love,
Hermana Cottrell

No comments:

Post a Comment