Monday, July 16, 2012

July 16 2012


Hola Familia,
It's been a busy week! But a really good one :) I got transfered to Liahona 4th ward with Sister Sordes from France. She knows french, spanish AND english. She's so funny. We get along REALLY well :) We have a lot of fun, but still work super hard and we have awesome expectations for this transfer. The first hour of working together we got two new investigators and in 5 days we got 6! Also 2 baptisms on Saturday. One from Sister Fors and I (Marta) and one from Sister Sordes and her old companion (Fermin) So cool. Both baptisms went really well. We hope for 12 more new investigators next week. We are stretching our faith and talking to EVERYONE. The area is huge and there are sooooo many people to baptize. If we meet our goal next week we are going to the batting cages (my pick) and going to get a manicure (Sister Sordes pick) we are really excited. We already found 3 more yesterday by a miracle. After a lesson last night we ran into the English Elders knocking on a door with no one answering. It turned out to be a refurral that we had given them. So we said, "Step aside Elders" We knocked as hard as we could and they didn't answer the door.. but the neighbors did and they spoke spanish! Boom! 1 more new investigator:) We expect some the trials to come with the blessings, but we are ready to work hard.
I gave my first talk in Spanish at Martas baptisms (besides the MTC) and I sang with the other Sisters at both baptisms. It was a lot of fun. Earlier in the week (before I got transfered) Marta was having some doubts becuse she was so stressed out about paying her rent and she didn't know how she was going to get by. So we decided to hold a fast with her the next day. The night before her baptism I was in a lesson with Sister Sordes for Fermin. The member present just happened to be the member that drove Sister Fors and I to Pacen with Marta the weekend before (Pedro) well.. I told Pedro the situation about Martas rent just to update him about everything and he stops and says.. "Well i'm going over to her house right now and I'm going to pay her bill!" What??? I told him he didn't have to do that and he said that if it was his mom, he would expect the members to help her out too. Good guy! We hope he goes on a mission, he helps us out soooo much. Anyway.. fasting works. There was a kid that looked heartbroken when he came into the VC (i'm still in the VC this transfer) and after a while he opened up to me. It was a really interesting experience and I've never heard anything like it. He told me all of the things he was going through that I can't even imagine- he has turned his life around after many years of well.. not being straight and he has gone through so much, but with Christ he has made things right, but is still trying to forgive others.. so.. I told him I would fast with him the next day. Fasting is one thing I want to gain a really strong testimony of this transfter.. because like I said, it works!
At Marta's baptism, it was good to feel missed in Liahona 1st! I took lots of pictures that I hope I have time to send :)
I miss Liahona 1st, but I love my new ward! Everyone is so nice and inviting. The funny thing is, on my first night in AZ I went out on splits to a FHE to a families house that is now my ward mission leader! He told me that my spanish is soooooo much better now! I hope so. It still humbles me every day, that's for sure. I said the opening prayer in sacrament meeting.. that was scary, but it was okay.
This morning a lady invited us to do ZUMBA in her living room and feed us breakfast. Ahhhh.. I was in heaven. First time I have danced in over 6 and a half months! Like I said, the members are awesome! 
The only bad thing is that the house I live at is NOT helping the allergies. We might have to move.. but I would feel terrible because we live with a single lady that has had missionaries stay in her house for years and years and years.. so it would break her heart for sure :/... we shall see.  
Anyway.. this week has been awesome and i'm really excited for this transfer! Love you all! Write meeeeuhhh so I don't feel like a loser anymore mmkay? Love you!
The chapter this week is Mosiah 17.. Follow the example of Alma!
SFTE
Love,






Hermana Cottrell

1 comment:

  1. Sarah.... you are so awesome. I love reading about all your experiences. It takes me back to the mission.
    I am so proud of how hard you are working. In my mission the sisters were some of the BEST missionaries.
    Glad you got to do ZUMBA. I love zumba. It is so fun. Exercise makes everything feel better. Love you.

    ReplyDelete