Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Healthy French? Plaeeze!


Hello Fam!
It's been a good week! We met our goal of 12 new investigators at 8:55 pm last night. Crazy. We are so tired. But it feels good. When we set our goal we both prayed and then wrote the number on our own paper and showed eachother and we had both put 12 so I know it was what the Lord wanted us to do. We set 7 baptismal dates this week too which turned out good too. Batting cages here we come! I don't think I've been this tired since the beginning of my mission. But it's a good kind of tired.
There was a guy that came into the VC- super less active and he started telling me about all the reasons why he has left the church and why he was so mad. I was trying to follow the spirit and my heart was pounding, but the spirit told me to be bold.. so... I told him to "man up"...I know, I know I know... yikes. I told him why we go to church.. not because of the people and not to study scriptures, we can do that at home... but it's because of the ordenances that take place that we need and we can't get them anywhere else. I shared with him 3 NE 20:8 where it talks about the sacrement and how we shall never hunger nor thirst, but shall be filled (through the bread and water). I told him that his soul was hungery just for the fact that he was in the Visitor Center and that he needed to let go his pride and be humble and get to church and take the sacrement. After I said it I was like.. woah... what did I just say to this complete stranger that I don't even know? Well.. to my suprise.. he stopped and thought for a while and said... ya know.. you're right. Stunned.. I smiled and said that the Lord needed him and he's waiting for him. Anyway.. that was a pretty cool experience. Even the Holy Ghost tells us to use words like, "man up" I guess. 
 Brandon, the kid i have been teaching over the phone, came into the VC for the first time with his gf and her parents. Super awkward. It was really weird putting a face to a name after months. I fasted for him last week so that he could get a job and take action because he knows the church is true. Both happened! I was so excited for him and he fasted too and the next day he found a job. It's frustrating that he's not already baptized, but his parents don't like it so it's been hard for him.
It's been so fun working with Sister Sordes. She's so... French. I think she wanted me to think that she is super heathy at first just because she's french, cuz she ate tomatos and oil for lunch the first couple days but now.. I know the real her. Please. She eats candy and french fries like nobodies busness. I make her run and excersise with me in the mornings... I know she'll thank me later. It's so fun learning about her culture. She's such a strong girl with a strong testimony and knows how to have fun while working hard at the same time which I'm really grateful for. She's already taught me so much. I couldn't have asked the Lord for a more perfect companion than her! She is always trying to do things to make me happy.
Anyway, that's pretty much my week! Love you all. President Ellsworth told me to read Isaiah 41:13 this week "For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee." Thought I would share :)
I don't have a chapter this week, but my challenge to you is to read your favorite one :)
Love, Sister Cottrell

No comments:

Post a Comment