Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mother's Day Everyone!



Long time no see!! It was so good talking to everyone yesterday! I was sad that it took so long to get it going where I could see everyone, but it was still fun :) I'm so glad everyone is doing well! I'm glad mom had a good mothers day too. Everyone looks good and healthy! :)
I had my first zone conference last week. It was really energizing. I learned a lot! It was all about working with an urgency!
I went to the doctor for my ankle finally. I didn't want to, but it kept swelling up everyday. I have to wear a brace everyday (even though i'm not very good at doing so) But the doctor said it could take up to 6 months to stop swelling even though it's not broken. It was fun going to the other side of town to the doctor though. I haven't even seen Arizona except my area so it was good to mix it up.
We had a mothers day party on friday for the ward (the one we made the fancy invitations for) It was really fun. It about killed me though because they had a dance and I couldn't dance! They were playing all my favorite salsa songs and everything! Man...it was fun anyway.
I met a lady at the VC that has been taking care of us lately. She said that I have done so much for her and she is so willing to do anything for me. She is actually an answer to MY prayers though. We had an AMERICAN meal last night for mothers day, she found a place where we could skype AND she's my new personal trainer. We meet her at the park at 6 and she brings her weights and stuff and kicks our butt.. it's awesome! She even wants to make meal plans for us and everything. So funny slash awesome. It's good for her because she's divorced (twice) and is really lonely a lot of the time and can't see her kids a lot... so we help each other out.
We sang a hymn for the Flores Family. Sister Fors and I practiced for it and I was singing harmony but we invited a member to join us and he miss understood and wanted to sing along. Kinda awkward, it was funny though and they seemed to like it.
Our goal is to find find find! Our mission president wants us to find men and families so that's what we are praying for :) In the Joseph Smith movie at the very end, Lucy says something like, "you can take my words or leave it but I know this church is true and I will stand by that forever" I love that! I know the formula for happiness is obedience, sacrifice and love. The chapter this week is Alma 30- think about what a privilege it is to serve God while reading it :) Love you all and I pray for you.

Love,
Sister Cottrell

No comments:

Post a Comment