Wednesday, February 22, 2012

(partial) Handwritten note 2-16-12

Mom & Dad,
Thank you for the packages! They made my day so awesome! I didn't expect my Valentines day to be as good as it was! I was literally jumping for joy when I saw that I got new clothes! Best package ever!!!! Ahhh..... it was everything I needed, thank you thank you thank you! I got 5 packages on Valentines day! I was feelin the love!
.......Our district got to Host this week- where we take the new missionaries around, I got a girl going to Russia and a girl going to Virginia and on the Arkansas, I think that's right. They were all scared to death! The first girl I picked up, I gave her a valentines package when we went to her new room. she seemed to like that.
The language is much better this week for sure! I'm feeling  better too.
So, last Thursday was when I got a blessing. It was a really cool experience. I really really didn't want to ask for a blessing because the other Hermanas had needed one recently so I didn't want it to seem like I was just jumping on the banwagon. So we were packing up to leave the classroom and go to bed and my heart started pounding. I knew I needed a blessing- really bad. But I sat and watched all the elders walk out the door without saying anything. I wanted to cry. I prayed so hard and said, " Heavenly Father, please, please, please make them come back! Please!" Right as I lifted my head, an elder popped his head in the door and said, " are you sure you're good?" I said" ok, can I have a blessing I guess?" They said absolutely! They gave me a blessing and it was almost like dad giving me a blessing- before they started, they said- who do you want to give it- I said I don't care, the priesthood is the same- that was reaffirmed because he used the same wording and phrasing that dad would use or someone that gives me blessings often- it's because it's not wording or phrasing from them, it's from Heavenly Father! I literally felt a weight lifted off my shoulders and I have felt so good ever since!

No comments:

Post a Comment