Thursday, February 23, 2012

Hola otra vez! 2-23-12


This week has been a good one! Our mexico elders got their new temporary travel plans last night they are going to colorado springs.... ENGLISH speaking. I felt really bad for them, they have been working so hard to learn spanish the last 9 weeks. There is a reason though and i'm sure they will love it. We got some new elders last week, they seem pretty nice.
 
I made our companionship do a companionship inventory on saturday... it was very much needed. Hermana Marcum and Larson hadn't been getting along very well. They are both super opinionated so sometimes they clash when we are planning lessions and what not. So I interviewed them both and then we had the inventory. Pretty intense.. i was like the ref. in the middle. It was a little awkward at times but it turned out well. Everyone ended up happy so i guess i did my job for now.
 
My 8th sunday at the mtc was a good one, as always! The president of the mtc spoke to us, president brown. We sang called to serve for the 100th time but we sang it like the 2000 strippling warriors marching and coming over the hill to fight, soft, medium and loud and then we stood up for the last verse. I loved it. It's cool too because there really is 2000 of us in that room. I was worried the temple walk would be closed again because it had snowed all morning but we got to go :) it was nice to take a walk outside of the mtc. We had fun throwing snowballs at eachother and having a photoshoot with our district. We had a departure meeting with a member of our branch presidency. He said that we are one of the best districts that has ever come through this branch! That was really good to hear. I had my accountability interview with the president too and he had some really really nice things to say too! Hma larson got called to speak in sacrament so that means either me or hma marcum are most likely speaking this week! yikes.
 
Something cool that i heard this week was that 'one of the only things we can give to heavenly father that he doesn't already have is our will.' I'll go where YOU want me to go dear Lord, not where I want. I also learned a lot about the prelife. It's so amazing to think about. It gives me a lot of confidence reading in abraham 3 about the noble and great ones. We choose our circumstances according to our obedience- just like in heaven we were obedient so we are here, we must have done something right because we were blessed to know the gospel too! On earth we chooseour circumstances after this life accourding obedience on the earth. Someone related this to my mission. According to my obedience in the mtc will be what my circumstances will be in the field- kinda makes sense.
 
Our district - except for hma larson and i leave next week, so it's hard to stay focused! Everyone can't stop talking about the field. Next wednesday I will start my visitors center training though, and i'm sooooooooooo excited! We leave for temple square at 8 in the morning and get back around 12 30 and do a few things just in time for sam to come at 3!!! it's gonna be a great day!
 
Tuesday night we had elder wilson from the 70 come speak to us, it was really good! Aunt tracy sent me a letter saying that they had had dinner with him the week before because he was there for stake conference. I felt all cool knowing who was going to speak before anyone else because it's always this big, fat secret here... not sure why. Elder Wison talked about the book of mormon and how we need to be a mentor for people while they are reading it and help them understand it. The book of mormon is one of the 20 books that have changed america, kinda cool! Elder wilson is a very very smart man. Graduated from harvard and has many many accomplishments. I just had the impression during that devotional that God needs his servents to be educated.
After the devotional our district came together and bore testimony of what we learned. It basically just turned into a 'goodbye' testimony meeting. Sad.
 
We got a new investigator Juaquin. I felt the spirit so strong that i just needed to be bold with him. All he wanted to do was argue about the the book of mormon because he loves the bible so much. I was bold and just told him how it was. We committed him to baptism. Awesome.
 
Hma marcum taught at the trc yesterday. We taught our favorite volunteer, hma gonzolas. She's this cute little mexican lady and she's the sweetest lady you'll ever meeet in your life. We taught about revelation through prayer and the book of mormon. We decided to experiment and trust in the spirit. 1st we had her think of a question or a problem she has been struggling with. Next we told her to pick a number 1 through (however many pages are in the spanish book of mormon) Then we told here to pick, left or right (on the page) the last step was to pick a number according to however many verses there were on the page. We found her verse. We had her read the verse before and after her scripture she picked as well as the one that she picked. As she read it, she started to cry. We didn't understand all of her spanish, but one thing is for sure, she recieved revelation through the book of mormon. Yep... I cried too. I was so cool!
 
I met with president hacking to talk about the meeting with sam next week. We didn't figure anything out so he decided to just call dad right then and there! He was on speakerphone so i was like, 'oh hey dad!!' Everyone was so jealous. that was fun. We got to 'host' the new sisters coming into the mtc again this week. When I was waiting for a sister to come through so i could take her around, i ran into one of cory's old companions! That was really fun too! That was a good day.
My scheldule is way different next week, so my p-day is on friday.. so no letter on thrusday.. but hopefully friday :)
 
Anyway, my time is up, but I love you all and hope you had a fantastico semana!!!
Tenga fe in Jesucristo y su expiasion :)
Seek for the eternal!
 
Love,
Hma Cottrell

No comments:

Post a Comment