Monday, May 20, 2013

Travel itinerary May 20, 2013


This week was zone conference. It was really good. We all brought a member and we did like an MTC experience where we taught the members on the spot. President Ellsworth got so excited that we all did so well at zone conference that he jumped up and did a heal-click! And he's kinda getting old. Sister Ellsworth's face was priceless like "what the heck and why did you just do that" Hermana Valladares could NOT stop laughing... like 8 hours later she still had tears from laughing... anyway...we're still laughing. In the zone conference we talked a lot about the desires of our hearts. It made me think a lot.
I got my travel plans on Wednesday... weird. It actually doesn't feel weird, but I guess it just hasn't sunk in yet. I think i'm in denial that i'm not in denial.
I got like a 2 day cold but now i'm doing better.
Andrea- the 75 yr old that is getting baptized this Saturday (Gabby's gma and Omar's gma- the Omar that Hermana Weber and I baptized) came to the VC and then they came to church the next day... the whole fam! We fasted for that and it worked. It's been so cool to be in the right time at the right place and to help so many people be baptized in that family!! First Gabby's Uncle in Liahona 4th ward, then her cousin in Liahona 3rd ward and now her gma in Arboleda ward!
 You remember Alonzo? The one that me and sister Weber were teaching.. he's from Colombia. Anyway... out of ALLLLL the prepared, golden people that we were teaching HE got baptized on Saturday, the first out of all of them!!!! I wasn't able to go because I couldn't get permission. I heard it was an incredible baptism. Omar gave a talk and Alonzo bore his testimony and cried through the whole thing. I was sad I missed it, BUT the next day (yesterday) I was working at the VC and Sister Larson and Weber walked in and said, "we're doing splits and you're going to Alonzo's confirmation!" AHHH so I got to go and see everyone. The first think Alonzo said was, "HEYYYY I missed you yesterday... I was waiting for you!" that made me feel good... he didn't forget about me. He's made SUCH a change a complete 360. We are so proud of him. 
Speaking of not getting permission. Sister Valladares, me and Sister Larson were planning on singing at my last mission presidents fireside... but the rule is that you have to bring an investigator. We got Andrea to commit to go, but at the last min she said she was tired from church... which I don't really blame her- we had a guy from the stake spout out a 40 min talk with someone translating for him- I was losing patience. Anyway... It was sad that we weren't able to go, BUT we found a big, huge family to teach instead. Maybe I wanted to go to the fireside, but I didn't fast for me, I fasted for the success of the area and that's what Heavenly Father gave me.  So I'm grateful. Anyway, it was a good week.... It's all just mixing together.
Love you all read Alma 22-23! Ammon and Aaron are the bom. I'm learning so much from them.
Seek for the Eternal
Hermana Cottrell

No comments:

Post a Comment