Monday, April 29, 2013

April 29, 2013- So busy!


Hola Familiares,
It's been a surprisingly smooth-ish week! It's been so much fun to ge back with Hermana Valladares and having a new area. She has whitewashed an area before so she kinda knows what she's doing. We got a new apartment and a new car and new supplies and everything. We we soooooooo blessed to find Cesi Morales.. a resent convert who LOVES sharing the gospel with everyone who comes in contact with her. We were blessed to find 8 new investigators our first night in the area because of her. We will also have a baptism on the 18th, Jorge Godinez :) Hermana Larson actually taught him in a different ward and he moved to ours! We are exciting for him. Also another cool thing is that Andy- the 16 year old miricle kid I told everyone about last week... yeah, my DISTRICT leader is the one that is teaching him... meaning he's in my stake... meaning I can go to his baptism probably! So cool. One of our new (now dropped) investigators is named "Muñeca" meaning doll or dolly in Spanish. She is straight out of a tv show. She opens the door with nothing but an oversized elvis shirt on... did I mention she's like 75? My eyes burned a little... not just because she wasn't wearing hardly anything, but bless her heart, she's a horder. There was only one little tiny path to get to her kitchin in the midst of THOUSANDS of pictures and ornaments and "stufffffffffffffffffffff" everywhere... piles and piles... you cant imagine. She talked our ears off and wouldn't let us say two words. I feel really bad for her, she's alone and needs people to talk to. We had to keep our scheldule though so finally we inturrupted her and said, "you have to let us talk when we come over Muñeca!" she said okay and then started talking a million miles an hour again. We tried a different reproach the next time we talked to her. We sang! She loved it and felt the spirit.. but she is really stuborn and keps saying she's Catholic. We'll see. She kept inturrupting the member in her prayer and said, "no, you have to start over and pray for my daughter" I was holding my nose because I was laughing so hard. We found a family with like 6 people who are soooo ready to hear the gospel. The aunt that lives with them has cancer and no hair they all are going through hard things and cried during the prayer. I know Heavenly Father has prepared them to hear the message.  Sister V and I both like to sing in our lessons so we've been doing it alot and we've seen so many blessings and miracles. We made the RS pres cry last night when we went to visit her.. brownie points with the ward :) I've had many spiritual experiences this week that i'm so grateful for. It's been a transistion for me because we are working SOOO much with members and sacrificing time to visit everyone... it's what the ward needs though. We have parts in our area that are really "ritzy" We eat with the english wards 15 days of the month and their houses are HUGE and beautiful. I don't think I have felt like I needed to take off my shoes in a house my whole mission until now. It's weird. I have been so blessed to work with such humble people that are happy with what they have I love it. Yesterday in church we sang "count your many blessings"... not my pick, but it's a good song. We did it to get our faces up there.. which wasn't completely needed because the bishop said to Hermana Valladares that she was baring her testimony in sacrament. Did i even say this? We split the area with two sisters that were aready working in the ward. Hermana Christiansen and Reyburn. I came out with Hermana Christiansen but she has one more transfer left than me because she's not a VC sister... actually I think she just choose, but i'm not sure. Anyway, they have helped us alot. So it's been good! I'm excited to know more about my responsisbilities with my new assignment. We have a meeting with all the leaders in the mission on Friday so that should be good. Anyway... love you all! Read Helaman 3:35... this scripture has brought me so much strengh!
SFTE
Hermana Cottrell

No comments:

Post a Comment