Monday, March 25, 2013

EASTER PAGEANT IS UNDERWAY! 3-25-13


Hola Chamacas 
Well I pretty much lost my journal for the entire week so this might be short because I can't remember much. But the Easter Pageant has been sooooo awesome! It's even more amazing than when I remember it from last year. It's a little hard with so many new sisters that don't know what they are doing though... For that I think our numbers are a tad down.. but just a tad. This week we will have tons and tons of people. We are on a different schedule we go to bed at 1130 and wake up at 730... man.. throws me off. I think I got 3 hours of sleep last night. Okay so Friday AND Saturday, the actor of "Jesus" (who I role played with in a meeting and is so humble and nice) got bucked off the mule!!! In the performance. Poor guy.. he's alright though. I laughed just because with his white robe in the air it looked like he was flying, but he was fine. It was funny and he even thought it was funny.. he just got back up and kept goin! The show must go on. 
Every night we have a "nightly focus" using a principal or somehting in the VC to highlight to all of our visitors. I gave the nightly focus to all the sisters on our new art exhibit. It's called "the Redeemer" - which means to deliver. I didn't know why we were choosing this on a SPANISH night because the invitations to the exhibit are in english... but as I was studying for this I read, "teach them that redemtion comeith through Christ the Lord." Nuf said.. that's what I needed to talk about! Anyway... I told everyone that all the people that we were going to talk to are literally our brothers and sisters and we knew them and if we could see one of our siblings that we love so much falling we would want to "deliver" them and help them. It changes missionary work and changes all the charity you have for people when you think of it that way. It was cool to use the invitations throughout the night after that. I talked to a guy named Anthony. He's a "drifter" and homeless but I looked at him as one of my brothers that was falling and everything changed. I talked to him for a while even though there were people speaking spanish around me (because anthony doesn't speak spanish) that hadn't been talked to. He told me that he believes that the trinity is 3 different people as well and he's read the BofM and knows that Joseph Smith was a true prophet but that he doesn't belong to any church or domination because he thinks thats the way it should be. I told him if the BofM is true, JS is a prophet and if he was a prophet, then everything else is true too and Jesus Christs church is on the earth again today. He thought and then said, "you're right" I told him he needed to go to church and he said, "you know, I think I need that. I think that's whats missing in my life. I told him I would teach him at the VC since I can't send the missionaries. He came the next day (Sunday) I taught him the Restoration and he went to church right after the lesson and wants to be baptized! Miracle! I gave him an invite and said, "everytime you see this picutre of chirst you remember that he's been through everything you're going through" He thanked me for talking to him and was really touched as he said, "no one ever talks to me... I really appreciate it.. it feels nice to talk to someone" It makes me think of a story I heard once when a couple was driving down the road and stopped at a stop light and the guy next to them was in a big truck and the guy looked really scary and the lady said, "ya know... that guy was once someones baby boy" 
Anyway... lots of miracles always. I'm so grateful to be here. Words cant even tell! I'm loving it even though i'm so tired I could cry. Instead of a chapter.. i invite everyone to look at your neighbors as your brothers and sisters. We say Brother and Sister in the church so casually.. but think about what that really means.
Love you all,
Hermana Cottrell
SFTE

No comments:

Post a Comment