Monday, January 7, 2013

Jan 7, 2013


Okay, not much time today!
It's been a good week. Did I tell you about Agustin? okay so last saturday we were on our bikes and we inviting this random guy to church and he came. Not only did he come again yesterday but he is like 30 min early to all of our lessons and church. He's... awesome. But... he might be a little bit in love with Hermana Holladay. We are trying sooo hard to get Marta (my recent convert from last time i was here) and him together. They would be perfect, they are both old and looking for love. Gross.  We set up an FHE for them to go to and we just 'happen' to have to work at the vc at that time so we wont be able to go... they don't know that though. He is getting baptized the end of this month though and we are super excited. When we told him about it we acted it out because he doesn't understand anything :( (hna holladay was the priesthood holder and i almost broke my back) it was funny. But then he said, "ok just tell me the day and the time and i'll be there" cool! He can't read so we got him the CD's of el libro de mormon. He listened to it all last night and then found a phone to call us on (because he doesn't have one) and he just kept saying that it's "Muy muy bonito" we're excited for agustin :)

It's been fun teaching some people that i started out teaching. like Osvaldo. he is nadia and claudia's dad. He has changed sooooo much. he's so much happier, he cut his hair and there is just a different glow about him. The gospel changes lives. He's reading praying and going to church (most weeks) he is praying about feb 3 for his baptism! Right before sister holladay goes home.
We're also teaching a 10 year old named karim.. okay think of like The Outsiders or Newsies and that's how it is. There is like a whole neighborhood of kids in like this super rough area that run up to us and say "las hermanas, las hermanas!!!" they love us and love to read outside on the cirb. It's so fun. They all want to get baptized.  Karim is the leader and he's always lookin out for his 9 year old friends and he dances really good... he's like a little Justin Beber or something.
The Visitor center has been good. I have just been on the computers for most of it. I'm just trying to organize my cards and trying to figure everything out. Hopefully they can distribute some of my referrals this week so it's not so overwhelming.
My ankle is doing a lot better now. I'm just wearing my brace everyday which is super attractive with my skirt. And my cold went away in like 3 days which was a miracle because the average on my mission has been like 7 or 8 days when i get a cold.
There's not much to say this week, but I love you all and hope everyone is doing well!
The chapter this week is Alma 30 and 31
SFTE
Love
Hermana Cottrell

No comments:

Post a Comment