Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Don't eat when reading this! 1-15-12


Hello family,
It's been a good week. We had our interviews with the president this week, it was good. Mine was short... no complaints :) found out i am going home a week earlier than I expected.
With the new program with the youth, we are getting lots of stake youth groups coming in to do presentations at the VC since the theme is "stand ye in holy places" I got to present one of the first ones, it was really fun. I hope i get called into YW when I get home. We also taught YW in church too. I'm a big supporter of the new programs!
Agustin is progressing really fast! We had one little set back though... he confessed his love to hermana holladay. Did I mention that agustin is 70?? and he thought holladay was 15.. a little messed up. We haven't had much luck getting Marta and him together. I was holding my nose the whole time so I wouldn't laugh out loud. Oh and did I mention that we were teaching the law of Chasity when this all came out? We told him that we are missionaries and that Hna holladay has a boyfriend (even though she doesn't) :/ I don't think his heart was broken into too many pieces.. don't worry agustin, we'll find ya a seƱora... we're golden still so far though. He is still 30 min early for every lesson and he listens to all the Book of Mormon cd's that we give him, he comes to church (even without us) and he even brought a friend to one of our lessons at the vc so that he could hear too. He came to our FHE last night at our ward mission leaders house which was really good too. He's awesome.
At our district mtg we gave a lesson on patience and we showed a mormonmessage "continue in patience" - look it up and see it :) We got a super awesome referral this week.. he already has a baptismal date! Perfect. AND he is one of 7 kids... we'll take it. Also we had another really cool miracle this week. There is a lady named Judy and her kids that I taught when I first got here as a greenie. We had set a baptismal date with her but she moved and she didn't go to church :/ BUT I saw her outside again! 8 months later. We set up another appointment and picked her back up. We tried and tried to get a member to come with us to the lesson but no one was available so we were walking to the apt and a member pulls up and said he would go with us! Perfect. Miracle. So we go and one of the first things she says is that she's been scared to be baptized.. but now is her time! AND she has a 9 yr old that she wants to baptize too. So maybe that's why I got sent back here... who knows. It was a really good day yesterday because we had been having a really hard couple days. One day we had like 7 appointments set up and every single one of them fell through. After the trial of your faith :)
For our FHE we made rice crispies! YUM. We made them in the microwave.. who knew? it actually worked. Those rice crispies turned out to save my life actually. Let me explain. We had a dinner with the most recent convert in the ward, Dulce. It was her first time ever feeding the missionaries. I can't even type this without wanting to cry... I. ATE. COW. STOMACH. Hardest thing I've ever had to do. It looked like cut up octopus in red juice but with big goosbumps or something. Hna Holladay is leaving soon so I was like shoot if I offend her, she'll go inactive when Holladay leaves. I was taking huge bites and swallowing it whole so I didn't have to chew on it forever. I was trying to pep talk myself the whole time in my mind. So I took a huge bite with like 3 pieces and I swalloed once and then the next one and all the sudden the both came back up. I thought I was going to puke all over my plate for sure but I said a prayer and it went back down. Heavenly Father saved me because he wants dulce to stay active i think. I can still feel it sitting in my stomach... I have parts of a stomach... in my stomach. Okay i'm done. Anyway... the reason why the rice crispies saved me too was because I hurried and ate one after so I could get the taste out of my mouth and have the food stay down. Goooood times.
Anyway thats pretty much it. Oh yeah, I called someone that I was teaching over the phone and she got baptized! :) Missionary work is the bomb. Keep reading your scriptures and saying your prayers and going to the church. Something I read this morning that I have been thinking about is, "what part of the doctrine are you not living" also I listened to a talk by elder bednar (maybe I already said this) but he said that "a testimony is knowing that the gospel is true.. but being true to the gospel is conversion" I love that. 
Write me please!! Love you all
SFTE
Hermana Cottrell

No comments:

Post a Comment