Monday, December 10, 2012

Happy Birthday Stink! 12-10-12


Hey family
This computer isn't working but hopefully I can write a quick email. Another good week. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMMERS (on friday) I'm. so. tired. But i'm good. Sister Valladares is like a never ending ball of energy. She's always like, "why are you tired?" and i'm like, "why are you not?" Did I tell you she wakes up like 2 hours before she needs to just to get ready... it's crazy. Usually we have to wake up at the same time as our companion but I talked to the mission president and i was like "um... i can't do that, sorry" he told me not to anyway haha. I got to see Lindsey and her cute family last night at the lights! That was so fun! She even brought me some cookies :) 
There's not much to share this week. We have had a total of like 2 hours in our area the whole week. That has been reaaallly hard for me because I reaaallly like numbers.. not that missionary work is about the numbers, but I like to see improvement. We see crazy miracles with the small time that we do have in our area though. We had a lesson with Adelfo the other day at the vc. He just gets it! He's so smart. He hadn't come to church for the passed couple weeks because sometimes he gets called into work and he has to go. I told him to think about "how much faith do I have" when he gets called into work. He kept saying, well I have to work! So I said, ya know... we all gotta make sacrifices here.. I talked about what we have sacrificed as missionaries. I told him that I sacrificed my job and my school and a bunch of other stuff right now but now that I've done that, i've been bless sooooo much more! More than I could have imagined. Guess who came to church yesterday??? Woot woot. He loved it. Except... he came to the first 2 hours and right before the sacrament started his brother called and said he needed a ride to work :/  The other lesson we had was amazing too! Adelfo had a couple minor problems with the word of wisdom, he loves his coffee. BUT! I don't know if i had a dream or just while i was thinking about it in my bed but I was given the answer! Hot Chocolate :) We gave it to him in the lesson and he loves it! He's kept the word of wisdom! 
We had to run to walgreens during our lunch break because sister v ran out of makeup... nice. Well, as we walked in I saw a familiar face sitting on a bench. It was RORY! An old homeless man that had came into the VC like 2 months ago and we taught him and told him he could change his life around. We set up another appointment at the vc because he didn't have a house that we could send the missionaries to but he never came. I asked him how he was doing and he said that everything is still the same. "Everything is still the same because you haven't changed anything" We told him to come to the lights that night and we would teach him. We left and as we were almost home I turned around because I thought, why didn't we just teach him right there? I knew that if he didn't change his life he was going to die. So we went back and as I turned in the parking lot one of my tires popped! And rory was gone. What the heck? Well I stopped (obviously) and two people walked up and said, we heard something pop! The guy that walked up just so happened to be an expert in cars and changed the tire in like 10 min flat and just so happened to talk to missionaries LAST week! The lord works in mysterious ways that's for sure. We were able to teach them and give them an invitation to the lights and we gave them "the testiments" movie. Too bad they speak english, we have to give them to the english elders.
That's about it this week other than there has been a few antis coming in the vc with the christmas lights. So funny. I saw one guy and i said, hello! welcome to the visitors center! How are you enjoying your night? He looked at me and said, "good except I chose to believe more in christ than in joseph smith" I said, that's cool! Us too, have a good night :) I was so proud because I have been praying to have more charity for people and usually i would be super annoyed and would talk to him and make him feel a little bit dumb for his ignorance, but... nada! I even prayed for him. "to love people that are easy to love is humane, but to love people that are hard to love is a disciple of Christ" Although i've got a longgggg way to go with that, it's a much happier way of living and it feels good. Another thought is, "The greatest sacrifice you can give is to sacrifice something you love for the God you love more" Think about that as you go through your Christmas season knowing that Christ sacrificed everything for you, what can you sacrifice for Him? Love you all :) hope you have a great week
The chapter is Alma 1 :)
SFTE
Sister Cottrell

No comments:

Post a Comment