Monday, November 12, 2012

Nov. 5, 2012

It's been a good week! Except i've been sick... again. It started with a sore throat and now it's turned into a bad cold. I think it's because of the weather change. 
Halloween was really fun! I got up super early and decorated the bathroom for Sister Valladares. It was really funny because she went up to the door and it said "Boo!" She was really scared to open the door. So she turned on the light so confused and stood there for a good 10 seconds debating weather or not she should open the door and then opened it and there was a big banner and "sucker ghosts" on the mirror. I don't know why but all of my companions have been soooo scared of the house we live in. We went over to Sister Gonzoles house for dinner and her neighbors house burned down! So we got dinner for them and took care of them. It was sad, but we were really glad we were there to help them and no one was hurt. We dressed up and took lots of hilarious pictures (but i forgot my camera cord) :( i'll see if i can get some from sis V.'s camera. Anyway, it was a good/weird halloween. 
We found 12 new investigators this week and I didn't even realize it till I counted up our numbers this week! It was a blessing because like I said, i've been sick. 
We gave Wendy an Ultimatum. She is living with her boyfriend and says that she only lives with him because she cant afford to move out and she has kids with him. We told her that she had to figure out a way to keep the Law of Chastity, go to church and set a baptismal date or that we couldn't stop by anymore because she has all the lessons. I told her that I prayed and I knew that she could figure out a way to be ready for baptism on dec 1st but that she had to act. She accepted! yay :) I hope it happens. Like I said in my last letter, dropping has been such a blessing as we've been sacrifice. Every time we trust God, and get out of the way, He blesses us double. Just like tithing. We have some really solid investigators that want to get baptized! We found Aldelfo this week. I kept having this impression to go stop by a former investigators house and I didn't know why. We went and some random guy opened the door. Our former investigator had moved back to Mexico (happens all the time) but... I was really up front with him and said, "Well, I had an impression that I needed to come knock on this door, how come?" We started talking and it turns out he was baptized in the church but doesn't believe it any more. He was pretty argumentative, but I know something sparked in him again. We walked away and his roommate was outside. We talked to him and he said he was interested. We had an appointment with him last night at the VC and he told us that he has felt this whole inside, but he doesn't know what it is! Prepareduhhhhh. He's a really good guy. We are excited for him. We also watched the Joseph Smith movie with the family that passed us and the little girl said, "mommy I want to go to church" They loved the movie and cried! They said they were all going through a hard time too and that they needed something in there life. Miracles!
The Christmas lights are all almost up! They are so pretty! That's about it this week! Love you all. Happy November! 
The Chapter is 2 Ne 32. God wants us to pray.. but there's also someone who doesn't! 
SFTE
Hermana Cottrell

No comments:

Post a Comment