Tuesday, November 13, 2012

HAPPY BDAY DAD 11-13-12


Hey Fam!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADUHHHHH! LOVE YOU! HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY! LOOK FOR SOMETHING IN THE MAIL ;)
Good week this week. Except i'm FREEZING! It's a weird feeling... long sleeves and everything. This week was all about getting our feet on the ground with all of our new investigators. It was pretty successful. I don't remember if I said this last week, but we found Adelfo when I had the feeling to stop by a former investigator. Some random guy opened the door and said that he former investigator moved back to mexico-shocker! but as we were talking to him, Adelfo walked out. We found out that the guy we were talking to was baptized already! Because I said that I felt like we needed to knock on this door again, why? and after he opened up. He was a little bitter at the church though. We walked away and there was Adelfo texting on his phone. We talked to him and he was interested and he came to church and he is getting baptized on Dec 1st! yay! We have been finding soooo many prepared people! Right before the Christmas lights too! For the christmas lights I will be in the VC every night from 5:30 to 10:30 starting the day after Thanksgiving. It's going to be crazy. I think Heavenly Father is giving us REALLY prepared people right now so they wont need us as much. I was praying really hard to know what to do so that our investigators can still progress while we can't see them (because almost all of them work during the day and we have to see them at night) BUT I received revelation within like 10 seconds of my prayer. I came up with this spreadsheet that we are giving all of our investigators that has what they will read and pray about every day on their own. I haven't tried anything like it, but I know something will come out of it because it was an answer to a prayer. 
We got transfer news this week! I am staying with Sister Valladares and finishing up her training! Yay! We get along really well. She is an amazing missionary. I am teaching her how to catch! Hispanics do NOT throw things! It's the funniest thing in the world. At least 5 times a day I run around the corner and toss/throw something at her and she freaks out. "HERMANA!" I just say, "you have to learn!.. you're in America now!" In return, she takes pictures of me every time I turn the corner. 
And we are staying in the VC this transfer even though I thought for sure we would be full field. I actually don't know if President will ever put me full field again because of my allergies- fine with me.  We had lots of missionaries go home today. It was really sad. You get soooo close to all of the sisters in the VC because you go through so much together and you see them every day. We will all stay in touch though. 
We are WEDDING PLANNERS!! Claudia and Leonardo are getting married and Wendy and Gabby! Hooray for keeping the law of chastity! We are going to be professionals by the time we get home. Except mexican weddings are... super different. Claudia and leonardo keep wanting to set me up with people because they say i'm "guapa" NOT yet! 
The lights are almost all done! We have nativities from all over the world in the VC and we will be playing Luke 2 in the theaters so everyone and their gma can come and feel the spirit! We are so excited! We have been listening to David Archuletas Christmas CD all week. It's weird without snow though. 
Anyway, that's about it ;) Oh yeah, I dyed my hair dark again! I will send pictures. :)
The chapter this week is Jacob 6. Soooo good! 
SFTE
Love,
Hermana Cottrell

No comments:

Post a Comment