Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Great WEek! Sept 18, 2012

Hola
This week was pretty good. Hermana Mendoza hasn't been feeling well though so she's been sleeping a lot. EVERYONE is getting sick :/ guess it's that time of year. We've got the cold and the pink eye going around.. great. Yesterday I woke up with my eye hurting a little and this morning I woke up sneezing. I guess it's my turn. 
This week was Hermana Mendoza's birthday! No pressure. The night before her birthday after she fell asleep I went into the bathroom and had a big banner and presents and balloons and a bunch of fun things for her and then at district meeting I brought a pinata and pizza and we sang and then we had a service day. We wore pants and showed up at members houses and investigators and did service. We painted, did dishes, helped with homework etc. It was really cool too because all of our investigators got something for her too! I think we had cake 7 different times that day... I was dying. Never. Eating. Cake. Again. But... she had a good day. We had dinner in the park with some members and the members even brought their non member neighbors too :) cool. Glad that's over. I feel like birthdays on a mission is much like a wife and husband. When it's the wife's birthday.. the husband makes or breaks the whole birthday. She said she had a really good day though :) So that's good.
Brandon received the priesthood on Sunday! I wanted to cry. He drove to the VC with his gf and came and saw me too. He went to go give me a hug.. and I stuck my hand out in front of him.. awkward. But he looks so happy! 
We had almost alllllll of our investigators at church on Sunday! We were so happy! The only bad thing though was... it was realllly boring...like... bad. Is that bad to say, especially as a missionary? For reals though... I will be happy if any of them decide to show up again. Hopefully they realize that the church is perfect and not the people. 
We were able to have 3 FHE's yesterday that went really well. Rayna is our most solid investigator I think.. she signed up to feed the missionaries yesterday and so we decided to make it into an FHE :) It was really good, we won over the kids and played games and then ate and then taught the plan of salvation with pictures that we made at the vc. We then had one with Lula and the kids at a members house... they were an hour late. And then one at our mission leaders house with Javier. It was cool because the fhe was at the same place with the same family when it was my first night here and I didn't know anything... But Emanuel (the guy that was investigating the church my first night here) was actually the member present for Javier last night! Cool how that worked out. 
Elder Bednar is coming on Saturday!!! So cool! They are telling us all to look our best! This calls for getting my hair done, right? It's been toooo long. I am excited to let you all know how it goes :)
I feel like I have so many cool/funny stories.. but I forgot to bring my journal to remember everything! If it's super cool... I'll tell you next week :)
Love you all!
The chapter is 3nephi 30...2 verses :)
Love,
Hermana Cottrell

No comments:

Post a Comment