Tuesday, August 7, 2012

FOOD allergy too!


Hello Fam,
Happy Birthday to Mom and Laci :) Hope it all went well! It's been a really good week for the most part. It started off with getting our nails done on pday. Great start to my week. We had some really amazing lessons that I will never forget too. One on the Law of Chastity with Terressa. We had a member come with us from the ward and she shared her conversion story. She said she lived in mexico with her "not husband" only because they had children together, not because they loved each other. Her husband would cheat on her all the time and they would fight like crazy. She was miserable to say the least. They came to the United States, leaving behind one of their sons because he couldn't get papers and they get a knock at the door- the sister missionaries. Anyway- this was only just over a year ago and you would have ZERO idea that all this was going on in their marriage only a year ago. They had us over for dinner last week and the spirit is so strong in their apartment and they are in love and their kids are happy and learning the gospel. She said in the lesson, something like, "I know this might sound crazy, but I trust him with all my heart now." Wow. Terressa was crying and said that just before we had came, she just happened to be reading in the Book of Mormon and it was about the Law of Chastity and she didn't understand it and then we came and started explained it right after. I'm glad we were listening to the spirit as we were planning. 
I had a dream last week that I was teaching someone about the temple. It was weird because even though I work at the VC, I don't teach many people about the temple unless they are members. Usually I teach the very basics. But after my dream I have had the opportunity to teach soooooooo many people about the significance of the temple. Really cool. It was a testimony to me that we really can recieve revelation through dreams. 
We have started teaching Emilio and his two kids. My ears perked up as I heard his little boy say the first prayer and said, "please help me and my family go to the temple one day" Emilio has the strongest testimony of any investigator i've ever taught, but the only problem is that he's been smoking for 25 years and has prayed and fasted and has done all he knows what to do and he cant stop. We talked with him last night and we are going to the Addiciton Recovery Program with him on Sunday. I know he can do it. I'm excited for him. He'll have a cool story to tell after all this passes for him. 
I met with the allergist once again yesterday. This time I did the food test. They tested me for 40 different types of foods and I was allergic to 29 of them. Thank you so much for all your fasting and prayers. I have really felt it more than you know. I am able to get through my days just fine. I might cancel all my dinner appointments for a while to see if I can get it undercontrol and everything. I am fine though. They put me on another box of drops, so hopefully we should see a difference in the next couple months.
Love you all
This week is alma 37 :) Say a prayer before you read it and look for what the Lord is trying to tell you :)
Love,
Hermana Cottrell

No comments:

Post a Comment