Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Sick.

Hello family!
Well... I regret to say...not much to report! I went to the doctor again last tuesday and he gave me some hard core steroids (or something) to calm this allergic reaction down and the next day I woke up throwing up and nauseated and with a fever... so I stopped taking it and called the doctor back. He said to stop taking the medicine and start again the next day when I felt better. Well.. I didn't feel better but the doctor also said that if I had a fever- it wasn't from the medicine. So I took it again because it was actually helping some of my other symptoms...and thought I was fine but I wasn't. I've had two blessings for this thing- whatever it is, so that's good. I haven't eaten since like last Sunday. Every time I eat something I get super nauseated. Not fun. I feel really bad for Sister Fors, she's been really patient and understanding though. We had our first normal studies yesterday for the first time since last tuesday! I have another doctor's appointment today.. hopefully we can figure something out. I have no clue what this is or how to treat it. I know it has something to do with the heat though because the reaction swells every time I go outside. I got heat stroke too.. so that was fun as well. 
I don't know if I said this, but we got a new ward mission leader, he's really good! But.. the rest of the ward doesn't like it because they don't think it was an inspired change so now they don't want to help us with missionary work! Hopefully we can change that.:) We also found a new investigator from a less active that apparently has been paying tithing for the passed three weeks and has gone to activities.. we'll take her! :)  
Anyway.. I wish I had cool stories to tell! I've just been sick all week. Sister Pratt (the lady I live with) took care of me while Sister Fors went out on splits- that was good. I watched Legacy twice, The Testaments twice and Joseph Smith once in English and once in Spanish. Good times. Everyone has really been helping me and loving and patient- so hopefully we'll figure this out soon. I've stopped taking the medicine, so I don't feel sick unless I eat which is really good but It's been over two weeks now with this! Ready for it to be over :) 
I was reading in Mosiah 14 this morning. "through his stripes we are healed" This is the chapter this week. It's really short. But I love the message. In one of my blessings I got, I was told to learn more about the Atonement and it would help me and that I would be "healed according to my faith." So true! Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well! You are all in my prayers. Church is true :)
SFTE
Sister Cottrell

No comments:

Post a Comment