Tuesday, May 29, 2012

CockRoaches!!! 5-29-12

Hello! Sorry I couldn't write yesterday, Happy Memorial Day though! Hope everyone had a good time... remembering everyone :) This week has been really busy. Last p-day we woke up at like 4 am and went and hiked a mountain nbd. We had Claudia's baptism on Saturday! It was soooooo good! She went out and bought a cute MODEST skirt and was all ready to go. I will send pictures. I sent a program home too. Elder Samuels and I sang and Sister Fors spoke. Apparently Elder Samuels and I are singing at the next spanish fireside too! Lots of singing in public lately. Anyway, it turned out really well. She had to be dunked twice and we forgot to tell her to bring a towel, but all the big things were perfect :) We took pictures of everyone and while she was getting dressed we passed out cute paper and had everyone write her a note and we made a little album for her of everyone that came so she can always remember. We are hoping to baptize Nadia and Osvaldo (the dad) soon.
Well transfers are this week and guess what? I'm still with Sister Fors. We were both completely surprised. This will be her 4th transfer here. Secretly we were both disappointed, not because we don't like each other, but because we wanted a change. I wanted to see missionary work from a new perspective. Either there is something we still need to learn from each other or I just need to be trained for another transfer. We woke up after we heard the news and one word kept popping up in my head "albedria" (agency in spanish) We totally choose our circumstances and our happiness. So what did I do? Right after Sister Fors got out of the shower I scarred the crap out of her... I think she appreciated that. I told her we are going to make this the best transfer yet. We did move houses though. Same area... smaller space. We moved into "the Pratts" so far they seem really nice. It's a bit of an adjustment though. There's not really any privacy. The next door down from us is a 96 year old Argentinian lady. She's hilarious. She's straight out of a sitcom I swear. She'll be the character of the transfer I'm sure. It should be good though I want her to help me with my spanish. She use to work at the mtc. WHAT.. a blessing. 
We are back in the VC this transfer! I'm so happy to be back. I missed it.  
The cockroaches are starting to come out. I'm gonna die. We were having a prayer at a new investigators house last night (on our knees) having this spiritual moment here and one crawled up my skirt!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't freak out though. It was more important that the spirit was there. I'm becoming tough... kinda.
For memorial day, Hermano Laguna had us, our investigators, and the ward over for a cook out. That was fun! hermano Laguna is getting released from our ward mission leader (which we are devastated about)  so he wanted to go out with a bang. 
I have high hopes for this transfer. I expect to learn a lot and laugh a lot. 
This week the chapter is Mosiah 5- think about what it means to be "willing."
Anyway, I'm sure there is more, but i forgot to bring my journal. But It was a good week. PS- thank you Mom and Jonna for the packages!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I smiled all week! I will write you next week. You guys are the best :)
SFTE
Sister Cottrell

No comments:

Post a Comment