Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Mon. April 23, 2012

Hello Family

First off I am a full field Sister now- meaning I don't spend much time in the VC this transfer. So send letters to the mission office 6265 E 82nd street Scottsdale AZ 85250 :) It's been really good being full field. Honestly, I thought I wouldn't like it it because the VC has been the place where I can feel the most peace.. but I actually am really liking it! My Spanish has gotten a lot better already and it's helping me dive into missionary work a lot better, so no complaints. But I wont lie, I'm gonna miss sitting at the front desk watching birds fly into the front window.- another story for another day.

We had transfer meetings this week and since Sister Fors and I weren't going anywhere we weren't supposed to have to go, but someone called us and told us that we were getting ANOTHER new car. This is the third one since I've been here. So we went. I am trying to get permission to drive, but the new leader over the cars is really strict. With the other leader I guess you just have to call him up and ask permission, but with this one I have had to take a written test, driving test, watch a 45 min video, and get permission from the mission president too. It's been a process.

We've seen a lot of cool things happen this week. Rosalinda- the 12 year old we are teaching is getting baptized soon. But her mom pulled us aside and said she wanted to talk to us "alone"... eesh.. We met her at the park the next day and to our surprise, she wanted to take the lessons too! But she doesn't want her husband to know about it for some reason so she wants it to be like a secret or something. We told her he's going to have to find out sooner or later. We'll see.. kind of a weird situation but she's going through a rough time with cancer and I know she is looking for something so we have high hopes for her.

We taught Rosie that night and the spirit was so strong. I told her that Heavenly Father wanted me to tell her that He loves... her and her face lit up so bright! She's never heard that before. That made all the frustrations of the day soooo worth it. It was one of my highlights of my mission for sure Also we are teaching Dora and Salvador- a family that lives in a tiny trailer park. They are so funny. They are the kind of people you want to play cards with or something. They have some pretty interesting questions like about the gift of tongues and the way Satan works- it's hard to keep on topic sometimes. I started talking and told them I hadn't been speaking spanish for very long and Dora asked if we were born with a special gift or spirit to be a missionary and speak whatever language we want. She also "mutters" when we pray. Probably my favorite people that we are teaching right now. 

My allergies are soooooooooo terrible out here it's crazy! I'm trying to find the formula to make it stop! Any suggestions? It's already over 100 degrees here and it's not even May! It's super hot already. But I'd rather be hot than cold! We've been playing sports outside in the mornings and that's been really fun. I still have to wear a brace for my ankle though because it still swells up every day for some reason. 

We've had about a million of our lessons fall through this week, but miracles still seem to come! We went to a house for a referral from the Easter Pageant and the daughter of the referral just happened to be a former investigator that we had a strong impression to stop by and it just happened to be the one time she has been home in months. Crazy. The Lord works in mysterious ways. I am so grateful for this opportunity to be a missionary! I can't believe how blessed I am to do this. You really realize whats most important in life and learn lessons where you couldn't any other place. I look back at my life before I left and think, "I knew absolutely nothing" You're eyes are truly opened. Thank you for all your love support and letters! 

Love you all!
SFTE
Love, Sister Cottrell 
PS- The chapter this week is Alma 13 :) Also one of my favorite chapters! Lets get some insights people!



No comments:

Post a Comment