Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I'm getting sent home......

APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!!!!! I just realized I missed April fools yesterday.. so I had to do SOMETHING. Calm down everyone. :) 

Hello family!

This week has been pretty short! Can you believe I will have been here a month pretty soon? Crazy! The Easter Pageant has been really fun this week and really busy too! I'm pretty much exhausted..

Tuesday was the dress rehearsal for the pageant. It went pretty well I think. All the sisters work from 5:30 pm until the show starts at 8 and then we get to go watch it and right before it ends at 9 we go back and work till 10. They switched our schedule so we wake up at 7:30 instead of 6;30 and go to bed at 11:30 instead of 10:30. Did I already say that in my last letter? I dunno... but it's been nice, even though I feel like it doesn't do too much for me. Sleep is overrated now. So I thought my ankle was fine because i walked on it the rest of the day but when I went to go watch the pageant, i looked down at it and it was as big as a grapefruit! I just started to laugh! Seriously it was the biggest "cankle" I've ever seen in my life. I've just been icing it and I bought a brace for it. A week later it's still a little swollen but it's getting better i think :)

We had two nights (friday and saturday) that were both spanish nights. That surprisingly went really well! I realized how much I rely on sister fors when i don't need to! I had companions that only speak english so it was all up to me to communicate and get referrals. Heavenly Father really helped me and it was really fun. It was cool watching the pageant in spanish too because I could actually understand it! 
I've seen a couple people I know at the pageant! I saw Kacie Johnson.. well I guess it's Kacie Barrett now! It was weird seeing my childhood friend all grown up and married! I also saw a girl that I served in the relief society presidency in college almost 3 years ago! Crazy how time flies. She is teaching elementary now. I don't know if i mentioned this but a girl came in the VC last week and said she served with SAM in the VC in LA! Her name is Bailey Brinkerhoff. She took a picture with me and was going to call Sam and send it to her. Did she? Last night we also had the family of Elder Erickson (an elder in my district in the MTC that was one of my best friends) they came in and found sister Larson and I and took pictures! That was really fun. They were in town to see one of his moms old companions and a few other things.

Because of the pageant we have only had a total of maybe 2 hours in our area! We only taught ONE lesson! I wish that was an April fools joke too... but it's not. 
Last night I was presented with MORE crazies. I don't know if someone puts a sign on my back saying, "flock to me crazies" but seriously they all come to me, I don't know what it is. We were on phones and I had a guy call in saying he wanted to get his life back together but that he was bipolar and an alcoholic. I told him I would get him in contact with his bishop for him and he said he already knew who he was. I asked what questions he had for me and he said he just wanted to talk to someone from the church. He then started throwing up on the phone because of withdraws from alcohol. Eesh.. I told him to call me back when he was feeling better but he wouldn't let me hang up. He then said that he had a gun and he was going to pull the TRIGGER! We told him to stay on the line while we got the number for the suicide hotline. Sheesh. People call in and even come in the VC just confessing everything to you because you're a missionary. It's interesting to say the least.

How did everyone like conference?? It was so different watching it as a missionary! My heart was sooooo full! It was over too quick for sure. I would like to FIRST point out the fact that Elder Evans told everyone in the world to write the missionaries! "not just a quick email, but a real tangible thing they can hold on to!" Sister Fors and I looked at each other like "Right ON!" 

There were so many inspiring talks. Heavenly Father was so specific in answering my questions. Those people are real, live apostles and prophets everyone! Just like Moses and Adam and Aaron and Nephi and Amulek! You listen to conference in a different way when you have that perspective. I wanted to tell all my catholic investigators that "if moses was giving a speech tomorrow, would you come?" Same thing!

Anyway, I hope you liked it. What did everyone learn? I heard a lot about marriage and family and about how to deal with trials and how the world is just getting so evil! It gave me chills when the last thing that Elder Holland said something like, "repent, it's getting late" ahhhh... be good everyone!

Well... Love you all! Hope everything is going well. Another good week on the mish :)
PS- today is our zone activity so i don't know if i'll have time to write any letters this week :( but i'll try!
Love,
Sister Cottrell

No comments:

Post a Comment