Monday, March 19, 2012

WEek 2- New girl in town!

Sara Cottrell <sara.cottrell@myldsmail.net>Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 11:14 AM
To: Patricia Cottrell <patricia.cottrell@gmail.com>
Hello Familia!

Week two! This week went by super quick. We just switched cars and got a new one, a fusion! So nice. This week has been super busy. I have had lots of fun surprises too! Aumberly's dad came in and said hi, I got a note from some of dad's friends (the Spencers) telling me hi and Grandma Lee had a friend drop off some candy and a card for me! It is so much fun hearing from home! I am sending out thank you cards today so look for those :) The Easter pageant is coming up next week so things have been getting pretty crazy around here. I am sure I will see a lot of people I know there too! We are expecting a lot of miracles to happen. Last year there were over 90,000 people that came. Only sisters are working at the pageant this year. I will be working inside the VC and everyone else's job is to get the people to come into the VC to see what we have to offer. They can come in and take a picture with a member of the cast, but how they receive their picture, is we get there information and then have the missionaries in there area drop it off with a message to their house! Smart, right? I'm excited. We will be in what they call a zebra companionship. A spanish speaker and an english speaker. Hopefully i'll be able to get by.

I went to my first baptisms this week. It was a family of three. The husband only speaks english and the wife speaks only spanish- how that works... i'm not sure. They met online. They have a teen that got baptized too. It was on st patricks day so I gave him some green light-up glasses that I got from mom earlier that day, (THANKS MOMMUHH) he liked it. I will have to send pictures.

I was a real, live missionary this week! We were on bikes for a couple days. That was hard. T.B. It's only about two miles from our house to the VC, but it's super hot and the bikes were not stable. Plus we had all our books and scriptures and dinner for that night.. and in a skirt. Built my character :) but i'm grateful for a car for now.

It really is little mexico here! Everyone just randomly says, oh i can't make it to our appointment today, i have to go back to mexico today. I've never met so many illegals! They are awesome people though. It is definitely not my little Utah bubble.

I have figured out how to get the people to like me even though my spanish is terrible! All the mexicans are trying to learn english and I am trying to learn spanish so I just say ayudame con mi espanol  (help me with my spanish) and then i tell them i will help them with their english. TADA. They think it's pretty fun to teach "the little white girl"

We have a really cool investigator named Ramiro. He's in his early 20's and SOOO ready for baptism, he just doesn't know it yet. He thinks he needs to know every little thing before he gets baptized. I told him that I am still learning and we will all still be learning the rest of our lives. We had a fireside with recent converts that come to bare there testimonies and we sing and stuff. Ramiro really liked it and asked when he could meet with us again! He'll get baptized.

I have to give a talk in our zone conference thing in the next couple weeks on a christlike attribute. They are puttin' the new girl to work for sure! It's good for me. If anyone has any good ideas though, let me know. I have been looking through Sam's book of notes that he gave me, which has helped.

Anyway, this week has been really good! Thank you for the letters and everything! I will write back today!

"Perhaps faith is not faith unless it is tried"
-Finding Faith in Christ

Luke 1:37- For with God, nothing shall be impossible.

"if you understood your call, you would know that you have all the power of heaven available to you"
Alex Boye
Be a walking testimony
Seek For The Eternal :)

Love,
Hermana Cockroach  

No comments:

Post a Comment