Thursday, February 16, 2012

2 more emails and then I'm off to AZ

Hello!!
Happy late Valentines day!!! I hope everyone had a good one. Mine was soooooooo fun. Probably the funnest day in the mtc so far. This week has been a good week :) I wasn't feeling well still so after a stubborn couple days, i finally asked for a blessing. It was just what i needed. It was one of the most spiritual experiences that i''ve had here. I wish i had time to tell all of you! On the devotional on tuesday we had Don R Clark from the 70 speak to us. He talked about love because it was valentines day. but he also said to include your family in your mission D&C 100:1 and share your spiritual experiences. I can probably do a little better with that. He said something like, if you serve the lord with all your might, you have the right to call upon the powers of heaven to help your family with whatever they are going through. I will use that right :) I pray for you guys.  I wrote in my journal about how my testimony has grown in the mtc: I feel like a blindfold was taken from my life and I can see almost every tender mercy that the Lord gives me. I have learned to more fully trust in the Lord even when it's hard. I''ve learned that Heavenly Father is here. Scriptures that i''ve read over and over mean completely different things to me now. I have a stronger testimony of the eternities. The stories in the scriptures are more applicable to me than they ever have been before. The biggest way my testimony has grown in the mtc i think is that heavenly father knows me. I think I''ve always known that.. but it takes on a whole new meaning when it is being tested. Especially with the miracle of learning a language. I couldn''t do it if I didn''t know he knows me. I''ve also learned more fully that we are never safe. There are so many strong people in the church that have fallen, satan is good at what he does. I''ve learned that charity never faileth. I don''t think i have realized that I have had so many charity opportunities, but i have acted on all of them that i''ve seen and I can see the difference that it has made in my happiness. I have more energy when i serve, i have more confidence, and i have love for those that... are somewhat hard to love sometimes. Like i said, i knew these things before but its never been tested this much. I have a testimony of prayer. I''ve learned that even Christ prayed more earnestly when he was in agony (luke 22:44) and we do that too. I''ve tried to pray more earnestly even when I am not in ''agony" and just have a conversation with Heavenly Father. A lot of times I just sit there and say, ''Heavenly Father, do you KNOW how much i love you?'' We have so much control with our relationship with Him, He has become my best friend in a literal sense. I have grown a testimony of testimonies. My patriarcle blessing says, ''learn from the lives of good men and woman'' I have written down so many ''gems'' that people have said while i''ve been here in my study journal that has really opened my eyes.
Valentines day was awesome! Us hermanas had the brilliant idea of decorating envelopes with all of our elders names on them and filling them with personal notes, quotes talks and fun things along with a bag of candy. We set them out the night before so they would get them when they walked in. They were sooooooo embarrased because they didn''t do anything for us. Men.... They loved it though. Later in the day i had gotten a package from mom with a bunch of cookies and things to share. We thought it would be fun to put more valentines things on their desks with cookies. They walked in and was like, really hermanas??? So while we were on the computers for language study, they whipped up some candy and made special designes of valentines things on our desks with hearts stuck on the wall shaped from fruit roleups. it was pretty funny. I got pictures that i will send today. We were hyped up on candy all day. When we saw or elders we apologized and said that we didn't mean to make you feel like you had to do something for us, we just wanted to do something nice! Well... right before we went back to our rooms, our district leader was passing out mail and he gave us all an envelope with letters from all the elders and a XXL shirt from the bookstore that they had all signed. They had to "one up" us. We had gotten mad at them earlier because a few weeks ago they had all boughten that same shirt for all the elders and didn't tell us about it, so we gave them a hard time about excluding the hermanas. That was so thoughtfull of them.  We really are a family now. I can't believe they leave in a week and a half! Some of our elders are being temporaraly reassigned. They were going to go to mexico- connor ogdens mission- but they aren't giving visas to mexico right now for some reason. We will find out soon where they are going. I also got a few other packages and i was beaming alllllll day! I have the best family and friends in the world!! Thank you thank you thank you everybody!!
Sunday we had Mary N cook talk to us for relief society. She showed the mormon message about the little leage football player getting struck by lightning. She talked about how important the priesthood is and how we always need to be ready and worthy to act and we need to SANCTIFY ourselves. Right after that mormon message ended.. she stopped and said, there has been an emergency so we will end now. One of the sisters in the audience had like a seizure or something. Mary N Cook's husband got up and imediately gave her a blessing the ambulance came and everything. Talk about CRAZY timing! The lightnight struck and he was ready to use his priesthood. So awesome slash NUTTTS.
 
Anyway.. love you all! Write me letters! My address will be changing soon so I'll be sure to send that.. probably next week!
Me caya bien
 
Mucho amor,
Hermana Cott cott

No comments:

Post a Comment