Thursday, January 19, 2012

Ghost Buster Vac's?

Happy birthday Gabe!! I am sending out something, so look for it camayamaya!

Jan 12
P-day was pretty good last week. We did a session in the temple and usually we eat in the cafeteria there but we decided to just go on back home. We got a sausage muffin out of the vending machine. Sketch? Probably. It was actually not bad though. My quality of taste is probably declining at this point though. We wrote letters all afternoon and did our laudary. Good times! :) We were super hyper all night we were saying our companionship prayer and I started busting up laughing and we couldn't' stop. Good thing heavenly father has a good sense of humor.

Jan 13
Ups and downs! I spoke too soon when I said I was impressed that I wasn't getting too frustrated with myself more with spanish. I held it together but it was pretty frustrating. We had an interview/study session with hermano hellewell- a tutor guy. and I couldn't understand anything and larson knew everything. My head wasn't in the game. Hermana Larson and I made a new invention. We both have recieved packages with things that needed to be refrigerated. So what did we do? We got a bunch of grocery bags and made our own fridge by hanging everything out the window. Can you say ECO-friendly? You're welcome world. It's pretty awesome. This way I can have all the slimfast I want :) Our new investigator is named, trino. He seems super bored when we teach him.. kinda frusrtrating. I'm still making enemies in four square.

Jan 14.
I was sooooo tired! Everything is building up and I was just so exhausted. So in gym I decided to wake up and play four square in the "advanced players" square. I got a little cocky because I made it into the kings square my first try. It's whatevs. Hermana Larson and I made a goal to have EXACT obedience for this week. It's hard! Not that we don't do what we are supposed to.. but it's harder than I thought.

Jan 15
Sunday #3, check! This past week I think I have finally come to terms that this is my life now and i'm pretty excited about it. I like sundays because I actually have time to curl my hair! Funny how the smallest things make you happy! We met with a member of the branch presidency and he had us teach him a suprise lesson in spanish! Nervous. After our lession he said that we were speaking like we had been here 4 weeks instead of 2. That made us feel good :) Every sunday they have cereal for breakfast so they don't have to have many people work. Makes sense. I taught our district about dispensations and the apostacy. I talked about how lucky we are to live in this despensation and with the all the apostacies- we have the gospel! Out of all the zillions of people that don't have a clue about the church, I do! He picked me. I explained that I have no idea what amazing thing I did in heaven to deserve this, but i'm one lucky girl to not only have the gospel, but i get to share it with others. There will never be an aposticy again and the work WILL go on forever! Sacrament was good. Hermana Ferguson randomly got picked on to speak, she was freaking out, but she did good. Makes me nervous! Music and the spoken word was good, did you guys watch it? It was a special on MLK day. We had Jana Staples talk for relief society. she's also from the general relief socitety board. She talked about how to get the spirit, use it and keep it. The devotional was stephan B. allan. He's the managing director for the missionary department and he does all the lds commercials and stuff. We watched a lot of the commercials he had produced. ya know the commercials that say stuff like.. "family.. isn't it about.. time?? " Hermana paine said something that really stuck out to me! she said, "I know that this church is true, even more than a logical standpoint" Joseph smith wouldn't have gone through all that he went through if it wasn't true! We had our temple walk and took lots of pictures as always. We watched a talk by elder holland called missions are forever, given in april 2006. By far the best talk i've ever heard. Read it!

Jan 16
I never thought I would have the capacity to get ready- showered, make-up, hair, tights and everything in 30 min! Amazing. We taught our investegator, alex and It was the coolest experience. Definately an out of body one. We were talking about the book of mormon and I never thoguht I could say so many spanish sentences on my own.. well obviously I wasn't on my own and i wasn't the one forming the sentences. I noticed the more loved the investigator the more words came. so awesome. Hermana larson has been having back problems this week so she slept while I studied in the room. It's amazing what you can do when you don't have 19 year olds talking all the time! For service we put up the flags in front of the mtc! Cold! but fun. Definitely should have packed more than one coat. We go into the bathrooms just to stand under the hand dryers. We got done early so the matenence people were soooooooooooooo kind to let us clean toliets for the remainder of the time. They have vaccuums that look like ghost buster machines- of course we had to take pictures.. duh. We did a role play where I had to translate everything someone was saying.. stressful.. but helpful.

Jan 17
This was Hma Paines last day before she left and went to the peru mtc. New missionaries came into our zone so it's been fun showing them all the ins and outs of the mtc. we just act like we know everything even though we don't. I am in the choir now! So we went to practice, "jesus once of humble birth" for the devotional. Elder kevin r duncun from the seventy spoke and his wife bore her testimony. It was really good. they both talked about how much a person changes when they go on missions. I wish i had more time to tell you about it. it was so good. throughout the whole thing i had wished i had heard it the first week of my mission. Quick story- after the devotional our district has a testimony meeting about what we learned. I had so much to say but this is what came out. As i said before, it was hma paines last day. We had a conversation a few days before and we were talking about how much we were all going to miss her. Being the "spicy" chick that she is, she said, "how can you guys say that you're going to miss me.. you don't even know me!" I explained that it took us all off gaurd because we do love her so much! I explained that we don't have to know someone to love them.. just like our investigators and the people that we will teach and serve! Everyone was crying for some reason. Even the branch president got teary eyed and he's a pretty sturn guy to say the least. It was pretty cool. We will miss hermana paine!

Jan 18
First day as a trio companionship! I've been kinda worried about this because hma larson gets suppppppppppppppper annoyed with hma m.... it'll be ok though! I'm, good at calming things down.. i think. It was a really good day! No more time!

Love you all! Hope you guys had a fabulous week!

Love, Hermana Cottrell

No comments:

Post a Comment